Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Erick298
Erick298 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to Cook Easy & Healthy Recipes Cookbook

Asking if you could provide a review for my ebook that is on the Kindle store CLICK HERE TO PLACE REVIEW. A short one or two paragraph review will suffice. I only ask that you don't provide a review if you just absolutely hate it.

you can grab a free copy of it at this location: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/237266

Thanks. The links are safe I promise.
Erick298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Our Members will write what they feel, whether they like a book or not. It is up to them to decide - not the author.

When you place a piece of writing in front of the public and urge them to buy it or even offer it for free, then you need to expect that some readers may not like that book. It then becomes a reader's responsibility to explain why he or she did not like it.

Constructive criticism is a necessary step toward improving one's art.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Erick298
Erick298 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I couldn't upload my .mobi file on Smashwords successfully. I kept on getting an error message: "your web browser reported it as being: "application/octet-stream".

It is best to download the original .doc file. The table to contents is not there, but is there when you sample the ebook on amazon.

Thank you.
Erick298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sorry but if I am going to buy (or even download a free copy) I would prefer the book to be well formatted, and have a usable ToC. If you're unable to upload a working copy to Smashwords I would suggest NOT suggesting people download a .doc file; while that might be representative of the contents of the book it will not be representative of the format / style of the book.

I should add that I had downloaded the ePub version and shared comments on the layout and formatting of that version with the author via a PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote