Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #46
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
If you don't take a stand against people caving into unjustified legal demands, well, that's your choice. For me, it's a principle.

Last edited by DawnFalcon; 01-21-2010 at 12:03 PM.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #47
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
<removed>

Last edited by Riocaz; 01-21-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #48
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
If you don't take a stand against people caving into unjustified legal demands, well, that's your choice. For me, it's a principle.
Easy to say when it's other people who would do the standing. I tried it for a while-found that I could never get any productive work done because all my time was taken up dealing with either threatened or actual lawsuits. It appeared I had to make some choices.

I still stand on principle in some cases, but now I'm more selective in choosing those cases-and many of the criteria have more to do with practicality than principle, so I'm a bit more sympathetic to others who cave in to unjust demands. It doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of either principle, or belief in the justice of their position. Sometimes it just indicates a lack of resources (time and/or money) to take on the fight.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #49
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I found Robotech_Master's comments about removing the Cherrypal warnings a bit convoluted, so I asked for clarification. His response of "I explained why in the message two posts above yours." rubbed me the wrong way. However, the bottom line is that Cherrypal is the bad guy here, and not Teleread.

I can understand Teleread removing the posts (who wants to get sued?). Then again, Teleread did produce articles featuring the Cherrypal Africa product when things looked promising, so maybe now they have an obligation to inform their readers when it starts to look like a scam.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #50
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Easy to say when it's other people who would do the standing.
That's an assumption. That is, moreover, an unwarranted assumption.

I'll say Co$ and leave it at that.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 05:34 AM   #51
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
People are reading the responses here, and they just happen to be negative.

This is good, to my way of thinking, if only to inform people of their experiences. To shut people up from their experiences - whatever they may be - smacks of censorship. My point is that the "gentleman" in question can never stop the bad publicity if he tries to "shut people up," or to render discussion impotent by design.

As a former Publications Editor for a statewide association related to newspapers, I find censorship intolerable.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-22-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 AM   #52
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
People are reading the responses here, and they just happen to be negative.

This is good, to my way of thinking, if only to inform people of their experiences. To shut people up from their experiences - whatever they may be - smacks of censorship. My point is that the "gentleman" in question can never stop the bad publicity if he tries to "shut people up," or to render discussion impotent by design.

As a former Publications Editor for a statewide association related to newspapers, I find censorship intolerable.

Don
These days, the more you wan to "shut people up", the louder the response will be... So, the effect will be the opposite of what you want to achieve... And be even worse as well.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:01 AM   #53
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
I thought I had seen this Max Seybold's name here on the forum. Looking through the CherryPal scam links, I checked out his blog page. What a crock!!!

Love the "cherry" product names he spouts... so hokey! Green Maraschino? Bing? (wouldn't Microsoft have a problem with that name?)

http://maxseybold.blogspot.com/

Shame on Max Seybold for his alledged BIG TIME SCAM on all that believed in it all - the "Brand Angels", and all that paid their hard earned money. IMHO - I think you, Max Seybold and your company are crooks. SHAME SHAME SHAME MAX!
Did you read any of his blog?

Quote:
We will also launch the "no-pain-no-gain" program. All customers who had to wait for the C114 for more than a week for either delivery or refund will get a free Bing in March as well.
Bugger, I should have ordered a $249 computer, waited for my refund and receive a free $389 laptop to compensate me for pain and suffering....YEH RIGHT!! When looking at Cherrypal I think back to the old saying "if it is too good to be true it usually is".
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:37 AM   #54
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
These days, the more you wan to "shut people up", the louder the response will be... So, the effect will be the opposite of what you want to achieve... And be even worse as well.
Exactly. That's my point.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #55
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
I think thats is your loss, not theirs. Teleread is often insightful.
Teleread has long been pro-Amazon, anti-everyone else. They're also extremely sexist (only one female commentator, and David Rothman has said that female teachers force-feed Jane Austen to boys and that's why men don't read, which is so wrong on so many levels I can't even begin).

I still read them occasionally for news, but with their overall tone and now with this caving to a legal demand from a SCAMMER, I am seriously doubting their integrity.

I've been reading them less and less often, I may give them up altogether.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #56
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Could we stop TeleRead-bashing please? This thread's topic is about Cherrypal's customer service and not about TeleRead - even though TeleRead's article is/was related to the topic.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #57
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Could we stop TeleRead-bashing please? This thread's topic is about Cherrypal's customer service and not about TeleRead - even though TeleRead's article is/was related to the topic.
Nope.

Yes, the thread was originally about Nate's experience with Cherrypal, but a contributor to Teleread himself chimed in that Teleread had removed all mentions of Cherrypal after receiving a cease-and-desist.

I think both Cherrypal's and Teleread's actions are pertinent to the discussion.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM   #58
esowden
not your typical dude...
esowden began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
This might be worth letting your State Attorney General know about. It looks like a scam/fraud and they might take an interest.
+1
esowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #59
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Nope.

Yes, the thread was originally about Nate's experience with Cherrypal, but a contributor to Teleread himself chimed in that Teleread had removed all mentions of Cherrypal after receiving a cease-and-desist.

I think both Cherrypal's and Teleread's actions are pertinent to the discussion.
There is a difference between bashing TeleRead and discussing TeleRead's article as well as the removal of that article. If you want call TeleRead "pro-Amazon", "anti-everyone else" and "extremely sexist" then this thread is the wrong place to do that!

Michael
(moderator)
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:40 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Keep the thread on topic, please.

Thanks,

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote