Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
deferredreward
Enthusiast
deferredreward began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, former: PocketBook 360
Updating folder structure on device without reloading all books

I've decided that this: {author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>3s} - {title} - {authors} is a good way to view books on my device. Previously I had: {author_sort}/{series}/{series_index} - {title} - {authors}.

The question is, how can I get Calibre to restructure my folders without selecting my whole library, deleting & resending to my Pocketbook 360?

deferredreward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deferredreward View Post
I've decided that this: {author_sort[0]}/{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>3s} - {title} - {authors} is a good way to view books on my device. Previously I had: {author_sort}/{series}/{series_index} - {title} - {authors}.

The question is, how can I get Calibre to restructure my folders without selecting my whole library, deleting & resending to my Pocketbook 360?

Delete and resend. Calibre does not move files and folders around on the device. Only Create (I am almost positive that Calibre can only delete BOOKS, not folders, once they are made.

Part 2
Your series only-ever have 1 Author each?
So what happens with Pern? Most are by Anne, but some are by Todd.
Karres witches?
Perry Rhodan (5 different authors)
or any series that has co-authors (and not always the same ones)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Delete and resend. Calibre does not move files and folders around on the device. Only Create (I am almost positive that Calibre can only delete BOOKS, not folders, once they are made.
I've seen it delete a books' folder if, and only if, it was empty after deleting the book.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
deferredreward
Enthusiast
deferredreward began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, former: PocketBook 360
Ok, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Part 2
Your series only-ever have 1 Author each?
So what happens with Pern? Most are by Anne, but some are by Todd.
Karres witches?
Perry Rhodan (5 different authors)
or any series that has co-authors (and not always the same ones)?
Well, so far the only series I've loaded that doesn't is the Harvard classics & I solved that by just having "author sort" = "harvard". It's not beautiful, but it gets the job done & keeps the series together. I'd probably manage other series in some similar way - but out of curiosity how do you do it? Series first?
deferredreward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deferredreward View Post
Ok, thank you.

Well, so far the only series I've loaded that doesn't is the Harvard classics & I solved that by just having "author sort" = "harvard". It's not beautiful, but it gets the job done & keeps the series together. I'd probably manage other series in some similar way - but out of curiosity how do you do it? Series first?
Bingo!
Actually I have 400 series so I do another layer

Code:
{series[0]}-series/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} {title}_{id}_{authors}
the first part creates a folder for the first letter.
A-series/
then there is the series name folder
Anyseries/
Inside is the books with the series index at the beginning, leading 0 padded where needed.
Last is the author

For NON series, I use a different mask.
Code:
00NoSeries/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}_{id}-{authors}
This puts the tree in a folder called:
00NoSeries/
Authors are now more relevant in finding titles, so
U_authors/Unknown

title (the last Authors is just me being redundant)

{ID} is only useful to help identify a 'duplicate' that appears on your reader and is worthless if you use 2 or more Calibre libraries.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert