Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Titanium Backup Run has blank description

My T1 is rooted and I felt I ought to make a backup using Titanium

When I call up Batch with the menu I see a list of Run icons but no description against them. Clicking on them produces different modes with descriptions at the top - but I can't believe this is the intended method of navigation.

I also expected I'd be able to back up to a MicroSD card as I can with other tablets. Do people not do this with Titanium on a T1?

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Schussel
Schussel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I guess it is the same problem, which I descride already here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...71&postcount=1

There are some apps, with white text on a very light background, so it seems that there is no text. You can proove that, if you hold an entry for a second or so, so the text will be inverted.
Schussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"You can proove that, if you hold an entry for a second or so, so the text will be inverted."

Not with my T1 and the list of Run options within Titanium > Batch.

Tony
Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Nonetheless, I'd also guess that this is the contrast issue that Schussel described. It's caused by the eink-optimized framework-res.apk included in rupor's root package. The thread Schussel has been referring to offers a solution, but it requires that you have shell access to the Reader (via adb or recovery mode) and a backup of the original system partition (or manage to extract the needed file from the restore set).
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
TonyGamble
Groupie

altruizine,

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, for me anyway, I don't understand what I am supposed to do.

It is such a shame that this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184646 is so easy to follow in a step by step process - but the simple process of making a back-up is flawed by not being able to read the run menus.

I am also still waiting to learn how one backs up to a micro SD card inserted into the T1. I want a backup that does not get lost/stolen with the T1. Nobody would back up a PC to its own internal hdd - why encourage T1 owners to back up internally. I mentioned this in my opening message.

Tony
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
Schussel
Schussel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
deleted, my mistake, sorry

Schussel

Last edited by Schussel; 09-06-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Schussel is offline   Reply With Quote