Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #31
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Just FYI - the price on the sequel to Pillars of the Earth called World Without End has dropped from about $18 to $9 on iBooks. I wouldn't have bought it at the higher price but went for it since it's reasonable now. Now I will be rereading that after I finish rereading Sense and Sensibility.
steph_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #32
hgwlackey
Zealot
hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.hgwlackey knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle Touch, HTC Thunderbolt
I just finished Charles Bock's "Beautiful Children," which I rate at about three out of five stars. It could have stood to have been about 100 pages shorter.

I'm about to start John Ajvide Lindqvist's "Let the Right One In." I saw the movie a year or so ago and have been looking forward to a chance to read the book. Plus it fits into my current theme of reading--in addition to whatever else I read--one non-romantic/non-sexy vampire novel every month. To that end, I've so far this year read Scott Westerfield's "Peeps," Charlie Huston's "Already Dead," Justin Cronin's "The Passage," and Seth Graham Greene's "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Killer."
hgwlackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #33
Cockeye
Cockeye began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
I seriously want that. Wish i could get it.

I'm currently reading my first ever ebook. I bought UR - a kindle exclusive by Stephen King. I'm off on holiday for two weeks in a few days and plab to buy a couple of ibooks.

I just wish that apple would support adobe digital editions so I could borrow from my local library
Cockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM   #34
Cockeye
Cockeye began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph_g View Post
Just FYI - the price on the sequel to Pillars of the Earth called World Without End has dropped from about $18 to $9 on iBooks. I wouldn't have bought it at the higher price but went for it since it's reasonable now. Now I will be rereading that after I finish rereading Sense and Sensibility.
Cheers! Will buy that!
Cockeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, ipad, mystery, smashbooks