Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle
EMailing Books and Metadata

Hi,

I am EMailing some books from Calibre to my Kindle, but when recieving them on the Kindle it does not look like the Metadata is comming through.

e.g.
When I look at the books Metadata in Calibre I can see that the Author and Author Sort are correct (e.g. Author = Forenames Surname, author Sort = Surname, Forenames), but when I sort the books by Author on the Kindle they are not appearing in the correct order.

I would really like to be able to EMail them allowing me to sync pages etc across multiple devices, has anyone else had this problem?

Gavin,
gavinjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Your Kindle only uses author from the metadata, it ignores author sort, so it is sorting by first name. The workaround is to tick the "Use author sort for author" box in the Mobi Output section of Output Options in your calibre Preferences.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
gavinjb
Connoisseur
gavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of lightgavinjb is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, strange though that one book I have EMailed has no Author even though both are populated!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
gavinjb
Connoisseur

if needs be I will wait until Kindlean App is fixed (5.1 broke it!) to work with the Touch and I can update the details on my Kindle