Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #31
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
The other night I was reading in bed, set the Cybook down for a sec, and my miniature dachshund stepped on the screen as he was moving around the bed -- I was so freaked out! Turned out it was okay, but still, something this fragile is going to have to be improved before the masses are willing to shell out the kind of money these things cost right now.

Lelah

"A plebe with an expensive toy"
Lelah,
Glad to see that your Cybook didn't "go to the dogs."
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I've noticed that my Cybook is not recognized by my Windows XP computer unless I manually power it on. This differs from my Palm TX which is automatically powered on when I connect it via USB. However when I power the Cybook on it has always been recognized. I'm wondering if this requirement is universal with the Cybook and is what causes so much trouble with people's computers not recognizing the Cybook.
Yes, that's normal behaviour. You can charge it with it switched off, but it'll only mount as a drive when it's on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My 505 powers on when I plug it into the USB port.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #34
bøø
bøø began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Cybook Gen3
It worked!

I want to thank all of you here, who have helped me. The reflash worked and my Cybook is up and running again

I was a bit unsure if it would work because I couldn't even turn the Cybook off. But with a lot of help I got it to work. I used the reset button to turn the Cybook of. The battery also drained while I was waiting for Bookeen, which made it a little more complicated. I now look forward to continue reading my books.

Bookeen has still not answered any of my emails

Thanks again!
Bøø
bøø is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #35
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by bøø View Post

I want to thank all of you here, who have helped me. The reflash worked and my Cybook is up and running again

I was a bit unsure if it would work because I couldn't even turn the Cybook off. But with a lot of help I got it to work. I used the reset button to turn the Cybook of. The battery also drained while I was waiting for Bookeen, which made it a little more complicated. I now look forward to continue reading my books.

Bookeen has still not answered any of my emails

Thanks again!
Bøø
I'm sure Bookeen has been playing catch-up all day long as it has been at the MARS Paris Expo since the 14th.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #36
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The fact, however, that the Gen3 will not mount as a disk via USB would indicate to me that something rather more than a corrupt file system has happened. I believe I'm correct in saying that this should still happen even if the file system has been corrupted.
Well, yes that seems obvious depending on what you mean with mount. That still does not make your statement about the "checkerboard" pattern correct.

A corrupt file system will sometimes not mount using Unix terminology.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote