Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
kobo.
kobo. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
How to connect bluetooth keyboard device to Kobo Libra 2?

My Kobo Libra 2 paired easily with my earphones, speaker, and smartphone.
When I try to connect my Bluetooth keyboard, however, it just fails.

Has anyone successfully paired and used their keyboard with their Kobo/Kobo Libra 2?
kobo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:01 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
On the Elipsa and Sage it works briefly in any window that uses the touch keyboard if you go there straight after connecting, but quickly drops the connection.

The BT seems to be just for Kobo's custom audiobook service, which is pretty pointless compared to audiobooks or TTS using Pocketbook on a phone. There is a way to add your own MP3 content, but it's too complicated and can't play while reading. So I expect a keyboard connecting at all to Sage or Elipsa is practically an accident.

BT (and FM radio) now adds nothing to the cost of a WiFi chip. The iphone has an FM radio in the chip but it can't be used because they have no 3.5mm jack and thus earphone cable to act as an aerial.

I don't expect you to get much help on keyboards from Customer Service.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:41 AM   #3
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
See this: https://github.com/tsowell/kobo-btpt.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, bluetooth keyboard, keyboard, kobo libra 2