Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
Tblossom
Enthusiast
Tblossom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
Audiobook "Reader"

I´m investigating the potential benefits of an audio book reading device.
Is there someone out there that can refer me to a source of more information?

Thank you.
Tblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Any particular device, for any particular purpose or need?

Most people these days, I suspect, just use their phone for audiobooks. That's certainly what I do.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
faltradl
Guru
faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch
You are looking for a MP3 player.
faltradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faltradl View Post
You are looking for a MP3 player.
Not necessarily; hence my question about the purpose. They may need a DAISY player or even a text-to-speech device.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I put my Audible and MP3 audiobooks on an iPod Classic 64GB. It's the only Apple thing I own, actually, bought specifically for the size of the hard drive.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
Tblossom
Enthusiast
Tblossom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
audiobook Device.....

I think I would prefer a portable device, probably like most Mp3 players. BUT most importsnt would be a bookmarking facility that allows me to mark the place where I leave and then return to that place later.
Tblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:12 AM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblossom View Post
I think I would prefer a portable device, probably like most Mp3 players. BUT most importsnt would be a bookmarking facility that allows me to mark the place where I leave and then return to that place later.
I don't know from other audio players (I assume they have this), but if you put a correctly formatted audiobook onto an iPhone or iPod, bookmarking happens automatically. Mp3s can be readily converted to the bookmarkable format within iTunes.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Not necessarily; hence my question about the purpose. They may need a DAISY player or even a text-to-speech device.
I only use my ipod classic for listening to audio books. I never knew there was a specific gadget for listening for them. That's so cool.

From the wikipedia site, it shows that it looks like this:

So it's also a CD player then?

Last edited by Lin2412; 03-06-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: picture of daisy needed to appear. lol
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote