Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
frikkif
frikkif began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to save to Epub from InDesign CS6 and preserve the Cross-Reference links

At the moment I am trying to find out how to save to Epub from InDesign CS6 and preserve my Cross-Reference links.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks
Frikki
frikkif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
frikkif

Nothing?
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
File a bug report w/ Adobe.

Or, you could try writing a script which marks such in the text in such a way that one can convert them back into working Xrefs after the export.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
I don't know if I understood your question right. Indesign CS6 does support cross-references natively when exporting to ePUB. Are you using the cross-references panel to do this?
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
frikkif

@PageLab
Yes I am using the cross-references panel.
But the links does not seam to work.
This seams to work in an Interactive PDF but the links do not work in Epub.
Am I doing something wrong? Does this work for you?

@WillAdams
This is a good suggestion, but was hoping to find a solution that does not require scripting.

Thank you guys
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by frikkif View Post
@PageLab
Yes I am using the cross-references panel.
Am I doing something wrong? Does this work for you?
Yes, cross-references works fine in CS6, but if you have too many in your file, Indesign's performance will degrade pretty fast, and some other issues may appear. Also, cross-references imported from Word aren't very reliable.

I would do some troubleshooting first:
1. Rebuild your Indesign Preference file (tutorial: http://www.printingforless.com/blog/...applications-2)

2. Export your file to IDML and open it. Try to export to ePUB again.

See if this helps.
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
frikkif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageLab View Post
Yes, cross-references works fine in CS6, but if you have too many in your file, Indesign's performance will degrade pretty fast, and some other issues may appear. Also, cross-references imported from Word aren't very reliable.

I would do some troubleshooting first:
1. Rebuild your Indesign Preference file (tutorial: http://www.printingforless.com/blog/...applications-2)

2. Export your file to IDML and open it. Try to export to ePUB again.

See if this helps.
Many thanks!
I will have a go