Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
bork
bork began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Automatically set custom column when fetching news

Please forgive me if this is glaringly obvious, I'm new to Calibre and there's a lot to take in!

I'm using the Kindle Collections plugin to manage my collections, and to facilitate this I have added a custom column named "collection" to Calibre.

One of my collections is for "news" - what I'm trying to achieve is that whenever Fetch News jobs complete, the added news books automatically have the collection custom column value set to "news".

If anyone could point me in the right direction as to how to achieve this (if it's possible), I would be very grateful.
bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can have special tags applied, not a custom column. Look at the advanced tab for the recipe in the fetch news dialog to specify extra tags.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert