Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
lkraven
lkraven began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N800
Change font/size of header and footer in book designer?

Is there any way to specify which fonts are used for the header and footer, or at least change the font size in Book Designer?
lkraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yup.

If you want to change what displays on the screen while you're putting a book together, you can do that under the Settings menu -- the icon is a screw-driver.

If you mean that you want to change these settings on the output file (which is really what I expect you meant) you do that in the book creation menu. Once you get ready to make the book, you click the book creation button that applies to the book type you want to make, and look at the second and third tab that comes up on that box. One is the text attributes you're talking about, the other is things like headers/footers, cover pages, and stuff like that.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #3
lkraven

Sorry for being unclear-- everything you said makes sense.

I am indeed talking about the output file, but other than turning the header and footer on and off and specifying whether or not they are italicized or not, I can't seem to actually specify the font for the actual output header and footer.

I would be just as happy if I could just change the font SIZE. I much prefer the header output from libprs500, but it doesn't do footers-- and with BD, I can have both headers and footers, but I have to be okay with them being the larger default font.

I can change the options and attributes for all other text, titles, paragraphs, etc... but can't seem to control the attributes of the actual header and footer texts.

Maybe I'm being dense and missing something?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ah, I see what you're getting at now, and no, I don't see any way to adjust the font attributes for the header/footer in BD.

It sounds like it might be something that has to be addressed by the BD creator, vvv, who has been known to grace us with his presence periodically.

You might be able to do some sort of hybrid conversion process (I'm out in the tall grass here, as I'm guessin' and supposin' about things I haven't even looked at, let alone tried). What I mean is you might be able to do some of the layout in BD, then save it as a HTML0 file and do the actual conversion via libprs500 -- but someone who knows more about the matter (and there are a number of them around here) would have to advise you on that, I've never gotten beyond the basics for my own conversions, as I don't really need or want the extra bells and whistles on my own books.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
lkraven

Well, I could work really really hard at this and probably come away with some success-- or I can just go read my books instead of obsessing about the gizmos and gadgetry.

Probably might be just as good a strategy to ask the developer of libprs500 (who is always around) to add footer support. In fact, it might be a better strategy.

Thanks for your help, Natch!
Advert