Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #91
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Not in 0.6.0. There is a ticket open about handling word boundaries for non-English languages. Its something that I want to look into for a future version since we re-wrote the spell check code, but I would need a clear list of items for various languages - French, German, Spanish in particular. I also need to take a closer look at the English parsing - so if anyone is using the spell check and you see it picking up words it shouldn't because of word boundary issues let me know. (I know there are a few oddities with upper/lower case and apostrophes that need to be looked at eventually).
Νο which is a matter of words whether or not problems with them.
The problem is that every time you open the Preferences window, the user dictionary coded in ANSI happens to be encoded in UTF-8 without BOM.
Then all the extended ASCII characters are corrupted.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #92
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
***False Alarm***

I did a save and exit - when I re-opened the file it displayed properly

Has anyone mentioned that book view ignores centering and inserts a blank line between paragraphs?

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 06-17-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #93
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I have now tried 4.0 beta now on three machines running Win 7. This version does not load HTML files. The OS reports that the program has failed.

Has anyone else tried Win 7? Have I done something dumb.
Do you really mean the 4.0 beta?

I just checked the latest beta (0.5.901) with Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit and had no trouble. Was able to "Open" and "Add Existing" html files and even Drag 'n' Drop html files on the Sigil Icon.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #94
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Do you really mean the 4.0 beta?

I just checked the latest beta (0.5.901) with Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit and had no trouble. Was able to "Open" and "Add Existing" html files and even Drag 'n' Drop html files on the Sigil Icon.
I changed my downloader and retried. I did get 0.5.901 to open a few small html files using the send to menu. I then tried a larger html file and got the attached error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	87915  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #95
schlonz
Enthusiast
schlonz began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-300
Hello

don't know if its a bug or e feature.
I am in book view and do a chapter break. Now i am in the new createt file. If i then change to code view and back to book view, the text that is cut off for the revious page is back, and i have to delete it manualy.

ru
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #96
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Charlie is right. You can not use the Windows Send to Context Menu to send a file to Sigil beta.

However, you can use Open With from the same menu and it works.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #97
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The beta version shows the following error from Flight Crew.

Code:
The <generator> element is not an allowed child of the <metadata> element.
This never popped up in previous versions. Is it correct?

Charlie
Old 06-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #98
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Charlie is right. You can not use the Windows Send to Context Menu to send a file to Sigil beta.

However, you can use Open With from the same menu and it works.
Off the wall question. How did you get Sigil into the "Open With" menu.

This post will probable irritate some folks,
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #99
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Off the wall question. How did you get Sigil into the "Open With" menu.

This post will probable irritate some folks,
The same way you get any other (installers, non-scheduled or hijacked) program there

Right click on a file of the type (EPUB) you want to use YOUR program (Sigil), select properties:

Click the Change Button
Select your program (Sigil) from the list(s) or Browse to add a program to the Lost.

There is a way from the Control Panel to Set which program is (make Sigil) the Default, to open the file with. It is simpler to Uninstall Sigil and answer the First question on filetypes
Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #100
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Couple of things I'm noticing about 0.5.901:

On Windows... the supplied binary is not substituting the html entities for the three characters (soft-hyphen and m- and n-dash) as the code (and the devs) seems to suggest it should. I've tried on XP, Vista, Win7 32-bit, and Win7 64-bit. The original source of the ePub remains unchanged... entity stays entity and character stays character.

But if you take the 0.5.901 source package and build it on Linux (against Qt4.7.4)... the entity substitution does work as expected/advertised. And that behavior can be altered by tweaking the 'src/Sigil/ResourceObjects/HTMLResource.cpp' file.

So I tried building from source on Windows (Windows SDK nmake method)—against Qt4.8.2 and 4.7.4—and neither scenario will produce a binary that performs the above-mentioned character to entity substitution. Although they seem to build and perform fine otherwise.

**Also note that when building on Windows with the SDK nmake method, the ckeditor files are not being copied when executing 'nmake makeinstaller' and because of that, are not being included in the installer. There are no errors in the build process, ckeditor just isn't being included in the package. The cmake PRE_BUILD 'make_directory' command to create the ckeditor folder in the temp directory is working... but the cmake POST_BUILD 'copy_directory' command doesn't appear to be having the desired effect (src/Sigil/CMakeLists.txt). Doesn't seem to make a difference whether building with the SDK on XP or Win7

Am I just missing something in the Windows build process/environment? I'd like to be able to patch the 'src/Sigil/ResourceObjects/HTMLResource.cpp' file (as mentioned earlier by Ahmad Samir) to customize that character/entity substitution, but it just doesn't seem to have the same effect (or any, for that matter) that the same changes to that file in a Linux build do.

I'll wait and see what happens with the next beta, but I'm trying to get my build environments nailed down so I can produce customized builds for Windows and Linux that behave similarly.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #101
crutledge
eBook FANatic

5.90 and win 7 Problem related to size?

I just completed a compendium of 11 pulp short stories. As I completed the editing of each story, I sent the html to 5.901 via a call from within the editor to the Sigil command line. Each html opened properly.

I then catenated all stories into a single html file and called 5.901. Sigil crashed with the same error message posted before. How size affects the program is a puzzle. All methods of opening the html have the same result.

I will now revert to the last version and await the magic of the development team.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #102
mesquite
A tree.
mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sigil and Calibre

This sort of a question both concerning Sigil and Calibre.

If you create the inline HTML toc and save the ePUB file, then open in Calibre and convert to mobi. Calibre's conversion output will read the HTML in the epub as a list which technically it is right? But as being said though, the output in ePUB may look fine when adding the ToC. Conversion to MOBI or some other format but I am using mobi since it is the secondary format I convert my books to. The inline ToC will be fine but you will end up with numbers by the numbers and anything else listed in that ToC portion of the converted book.

Example:
  1. Title Page
  2. Copyright
  3. Chapter 1
  4. Chapter 2
  5. Chapter 3

and so on. As how to correct this? I don't know, I've looked through the conversion options of Calibre when wanting to convert to .MOBI but to no luck. The issue lies within the HTML of the ToC if my guesses are correct and my minuscule knowledge of HTML are as well.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
  <title>Table of Contents</title>

<style type="text/css">
p.sgc-toc-title { text-align:center; }
  ol { list-style-type: none; }
  li { margin-top: 0em; }
  a { font-weight: normal; }
</style>
</head>

<body>
  <p class="sgc-toc-title">Table of Contents</p>

<ol class="sgc-toc-ol-1">
    <li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_000.html">TITLE PAGE</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_003.html">ALSO BY TOM CLANCY</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_004.html#heading_id_2">COPYRIGHT PAGE</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_005.html">1</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_006.html">2</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_007.html">3</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_008.html">4</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_009.html">5</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_010.html">6</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_011.html">7</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_012.html">8</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_013.html">9</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_014.html">10</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_015.html">11</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_016.html">12</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_017.html">13</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_018.html">14</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_019.html">15</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_020.html">16</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_021.html">17</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_022.html">18</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_023.html">19</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_024.html">20</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_025.html">21</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_026.html">22</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_027.html">23</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_028.html">24</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_029.html">25</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_030.html">26</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_031.html">27</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_032.html">28</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_033.html">29</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_034.html">30</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_035.html">31</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_036.html">32</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_037.html">33</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_038.html">34</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_039.html">35</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_040.html">36</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_041.html">37</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_042.html">38</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_043.html">39</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_044.html">40</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_045.html">41</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_046.html">42</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_047.html">43</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_048.html">44</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_049.html">45</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_050.html">46</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_051.html">47</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_052.html">48</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_053.html">49</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_054.html">50</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_055.html">51</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_056.html">52</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_057.html">53</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_058.html">54</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_059.html">55</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_060.html">56</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_061.html">57</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_062.html">58</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_063.html">59</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_064.html">60</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_065.html">61</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_066.html">62</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_067.html">63</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_068.html">64</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_069.html">65</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_070.html">66</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_071.html">67</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_072.html">68</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_073.html">69</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_074.html">70</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_075.html">71</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_076.html">72</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_077.html">73</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_078.html">74</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_079.html">75</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_080.html">76</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_081.html">77</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_082.html">78</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_083.html">79</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_084.html">80</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_085.html">81</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_086.html">82</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_087.html">EPILOGUE</a></li>

<li class="sgc-toc-li-1"><a class="sgc-toc-heading-1" href="../Text/CR%21HM65BPBWR52M111AR9GVNKVRCV0D_split_088.html">ALSO BY TOM CLANCY</a></li>
  </ol>
</body>
</html>
But looking through the list classes <li class="blah blah blah"> is counting each individual split in the ePUB document. There isn't really 88 its more like well... 87 and number thus as is. What do I need to fix in the inline ToC to make it output the same for MOBI as it does for ePub?

This is my edited copy of Locked On by Tom Clancy that when bought had a few errors with the standard inline ToC and text. So I deleted the included ToC when I bought it and created a generated ToC using Sigil 0.5.3 and just switched to the current beta today and used the book as a trial and error base test ground.

Last edited by mesquite; 06-19-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Explanation and background info of book code displayed in the code text box
Old 06-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #103
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
My guess would be that the conversion of ePUB to Mobi either ignores the 'list-style-type: none' or that is not supported on Mobi.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #104
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Couple of things I'm noticing about 0.5.901:

On Windows... the supplied binary is not substituting the html entities for the three characters (soft-hyphen and m- and n-dash) as the code (and the devs) seems to suggest it should. I've tried on XP, Vista, Win7 32-bit, and Win7 64-bit. The original source of the ePub remains unchanged... entity stays entity and character stays character.

..snipped to limit the quote...
Very interesting, I wonder if this was also the case in 0.5.3 on Windows. I never see the & shy; even if I know they are there. That makes it a real problem to remove them...
I wonder why this doesn't seem to work on Windows. I will follow this with great interest.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #105
Toxaris
Wizard

Quote:
...So I tried building from source on Windows (Windows SDK nmake method)—against Qt4.8.2 and 4.7.4—and neither scenario will produce a binary that performs the above-mentioned character to entity substitution. Although they seem to build and perform fine otherwise....
When I look at the Sigil page about generating (I don't know if it is correct), there are two methods.
1. Use Qt SDK with MingW for compiling (nmake method?)
2. Use Visual Studio

Perhaps with the Visual Studio method it works. Will Visual Studio Express (free version) do the trick?
Closed Thread