Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Calibre with Stanza-- problem and question !

I've converted several RTF files using Calibre to epub. This is for reading on an iPod Touch using Stanza.

I've tried various settings for the conversion, but all that shows on the IPT is the first page! The other pages are blank. They show fine in the Stanza desktop, however!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Also, is there any way of directly sending a converted document from Calibre to the IPT? I see an icon in Calibre "Send to Device" but it's always greyed out.

Oh, I should add that I'm exploring Calibre in the hopes that I can keep bolded and italics text that's in the docs. Is that doable? Or am I on a wild goose chase?

Last edited by robinson; 01-10-2009 at 02:33 PM.
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I found a workaround. If I turn off Display Styles in Stanza, then the subsequent pages show up! Odd, eh, especially as I don't need to do that if I convert the docs via Stanza Desktop.

Hmm... perhaps this isn't the right combination of apps to display RTF formatting on the iPod Touch!

Any and all suggestions or observations will be appreciated!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is a bug in stanza which will hopefully be fixed soon. As for sending directly to the IPT, that can be done using the calibre content server. Someone with an IPT will help you some more on that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Bookshelf reads RTF directly
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote