Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
tangential
tangential began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Calibre,Kindle and .mobi files

I am a long time Kindle user and I've been using Calibre for a few months now. I've run into a situation where Calibre says it can't install some books in .mobi format to my Kindle and it can't convert them to a usable format.

At the same time, I can mount my Kindle as a drive and copy those .mobi files to it and they work fine.

This problem has only recently appeared after updating my Calibre to the latest version.

What am I missing? Is there a plugin issue?

My Kindle 3 is running 3.4, my Mac is 10.8.2 and Calibre is 1.7.11.

Thanks,

John
tangential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangential View Post
My Kindle 3 is running 3.4, my Mac is 10.8.2 and Calibre is 1.7.11.
I can't help with your problem, but for those that can please recheck the calibre version number. The number you have listed isn't any version of calibre I'm familiar with. As you can see in the attached image my version is 0.9.11 (which is the latest version), what version do you see on your installation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	98174  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You might like to check the device preferences; with the Kindle attached, right click on the Device icon and select configure this device. Then ensure that mobi is selected in the list of formats accepted by the device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote