Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
lennyb
lennyb began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color 1.2.0
Question Nook Color 1.2.0 - Want to Root Latest CM7 to SD

Sooo I tested out Honeycomb using a class 6 16GB SD card and overall it was just OK. A little slow, the B&N app kept crashing - so did the kindle app, no google calendar available.

So after looking around, it appears that CM7 is a more stable release and more aimed toward tablets, like the Nook and dont have any of these issues. I'm not too worried about honeycomb or the latest and greatest features - but I just need to have the Kindle app, B&N, Gmail with calendar sync on this Nook..

Can anyone link me to the latest working (that wont brick) my Nook? I dont mean to seem lazy, I'd just like some direct guidance from you pros here on the boards.. I'm totally new to the Nook

Thanks in advance
lennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=stable is where you can find the stable releases. You want the "encore" one: update-cm-7.0.3-encore-signed.zip Many are using a Release Candidate instead: 7.1.0-RC1-encore I don't see that listed on the site (upper left hand corner "Release Candidate"). I downloaded it using ROM Manager.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyb View Post
Sooo I tested out Honeycomb using a class 6 16GB SD card and overall it was just OK. A little slow, the B&N app kept crashing - so did the kindle app, no google calendar available.
You might get better results with a cheaper, slower card.
Fast cards are designed for good performance when reading writing large blocks of data, and have poor performance for small random reads and writes, which is what is important for a CM7 install. If you are getting a lot of force close messages, try a cheap Sandisk card.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:12 AM   #4
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
You might get better results with a cheaper, slower card.
Fast cards are designed for good performance when reading writing large blocks of data, and have poor performance for small random reads and writes, which is what is important for a CM7 install. If you are getting a lot of force close messages, try a cheap Sandisk card.
Or peruse card reviews someplace like Newegg, where tech saavy people will post Crystaldiskmark benchmarks and such - showing random read/write speeds, etc.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.2.0, cm7, nook color, root, sd card