Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
paula-t
Edge User

Dear Swedge, welcome.

I don't own a PE, but an EE.

However, in the case of EE, I have a Class 10 32Gb SD card and I can confirm it works like a charm.
Mine is a generic card, not even a first brand, but I had no problem, either at recognition or at transfer.
Of course, remember to format it to FAT-32 in your PC when you buy yours. Otherwise, it won't work.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #17
swedge
Edge User

Thanks for that link....I read all those comments and it helped me decide what to do! sw

Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
swedge
Edge User

Thanks paula-t....I found one at Amazon and am ordering it....can't wait til it arrives and I can get my files on my PE! That Documents-to-Go feature is awesome; I have lots of notes in Word and pdf's I want to carry around with me. Thanks for your help! sw

Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #19
Kensal
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
In regards to accessing the extsdcard from the PC connection, it cannot be done on the Android system. Android is set up to let a USB connection to PC mount the SDcard only, which in our case turns out to be the main storage. If you need to add files to your SD card you can a) copy to the main SD card and move after you dismount or b) send to your PE by means of something like Dropbox, Awesome Drop, SugarSync etc.
I found it easier to use a usb flash drive. If the flash drive is not formatted correctly the PE will ask to format it, so check to see if it's a FAT32 first before plugging it in with any critical data. :-)