Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #61
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I did get an answer, the next day. Now I just need to figure out how to pay the 15 dollar fee. I cannot find a link...
I've been waiting 7 days, still no answer! What did they say in the reply?
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #62
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thank you for your patronage, here is your library card information. The card is in the mail.
Well. A little more elaborate, but basically that.
Have you checked your spam folder?
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #63
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's strange. I thought I would get an e-mail with the login-information not a physical library card? Sounds crazy that they're sending it abroad. The postage most take a huge chunk into the $15 dollars you pay. What would I do with a physical library card from the U.S
Old 08-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #64
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
That's strange. I thought I would get an e-mail with the login-information not a physical library card? Sounds crazy that they're sending it abroad. The postage most take a huge chunk into the $15 dollars you pay. What would I do with a physical library card from the U.S
I have no idea. I must admit that I was a bit startled, but it might just be a standard phrase.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #65
thinkpad
David

I looked at the sent date of my application. I sent it on the 9th of August and haven't heard a peep. Perhaps it's time to e-mail them and ask if they have received the application. Perhaps it bounced without me knowing it.

mikaelalind did you get login-information in the reply or was it merely a standard e-mail?
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #66
mikaelalind
Fanatic

I got the login data in the e-mail.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #67
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Thank you for your patronage, here is your library card information. The card is in the mail.
Well. A little more elaborate, but basically that.
Have you checked your spam folder?
They are sending you a physical card? Strange. Why don't you ask them to send you your membership number via email? That's what they did for me. I don't need a physical card to a library that I am never going to physically visit!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #68
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I got the login data in the e-mail.
Oops. Didn't see this before I replied to your other post.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #69
Almas
Addict

Quote:
I did get an answer, the next day. Now I just need to figure out how to pay the 15 dollar fee. I cannot find a link...
Were you able to find the link to pay the fee?
Old 08-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #70
mikaelalind
Fanatic

nope. I'll have to e-mail them tomorrow....
Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #71
Almas
Addict

Quote:
nope. I'll have to e-mail them tomorrow....
Oh ok. For me the fine was just placed in My Accounts and was shown as an overdue fee. I was able to pay via credit card once I clicked on the link.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #72
thinkpad
David

I've sent them a reminder asking if they have received my application and the status of the application process.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #73
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Has anyone tried to signup to the Philadelphia library recently? I have sent off an enquiry as I'd love to join. No library in NZ has ebooks yet - and when I queried Auckland library they were very non-committal about it. Very frustrating when the rest of the world seems to have it sorted.

Whoops - these posts are August so people have been trying. These US dates confuse me!

Last edited by kiwipippa; 08-27-2010 at 04:29 AM.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:43 AM   #74
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've just signed up (I asked them on August 16th, they answered me on August 16th, I sent them my fulfilled application form on August 18th and they have answered me today). I've already gone to my account and I've payed the fee. So, I think they work very fast.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #75
Almas
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Has anyone tried to signup to the Philadelphia library recently? I have sent off an enquiry as I'd love to join. No library in NZ has ebooks yet - and when I queried Auckland library they were very non-committal about it. Very frustrating when the rest of the world seems to have it sorted.

Whoops - these posts are August so people have been trying. These US dates confuse me!
I joined a day or so before I started this thread, so that was the beginning of August. And I live in Australia. I think a few people here have had success in joining up after they've read my post.

Hopefully you'll receive a reply from the library soon

Last edited by Almas; 08-27-2010 at 06:03 AM.

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia