Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
fred_yu_job
Connoisseur
fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.fred_yu_job has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: kobo
Read books in other languages

With KoboBulkFixer (Option - Install Liberation font), we can have your kobo support other languages.
what we need to do is:
1) Replace the 4 ttf files in the KoboBulkFixer with fft file support your language, but have to keep the file name unchanged, that's:
LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf, LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf, LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf and LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf.
2) Run KoboBulkFixer with option "Install Liberation font" checked.

note: if it doesn't show your language after the fixing, you need to check the epub file (unzip it), make sure the 4 .ttf files are in the same folder as the .css file.

Attached is the Chinese version of the KoboBulkFixer. two Chinese font file can be selected: SofiaSans.ttf and DroidSansFallback.ttf.
your can replace those 4 fft files with any of these two, currently, DroidSansFallback.ttf is in this <KoboBulkFixer_Chinese.zip>
fred_yu_job is offline   Reply With Quote