Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #31
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
THX thomass, I will check the content, compare and give it a try.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #32
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
there is an option for tables seems like to move or rescale, but couldn't use it. Also when I try double tapping it gives an error:

EDIT: I think I understood its purpose. it enables us to choose text inside the table
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_27_28-0000.gif
Views:	256
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	85186   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_29_50-0000.gif
Views:	243
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	85187   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_30_00-0000.gif
Views:	203
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	85188   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_30_20-0000.gif
Views:	191
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	85189   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_31_15-0000.gif
Views:	191
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	85190   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_32_14-0000.gif
Views:	216
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	85191   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_33_07-0000.gif
Views:	226
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	85192   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-12T10_33_25-0000.gif
Views:	219
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	85193  

Last edited by thomass; 04-12-2012 at 06:43 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #33
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

uks folder content is identical, sh...
Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #34
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by martindolphin View Post
Zamana - have you tried turning your Kindle off and on again? Mines not responding to the power button anymore, except for showing the LED - it doesn't seem to power off - think it might have to be a factory reset next....

Update: After a lot of messing about, a reset then re-registration gets the power button working again, but my ads are back

Might try the Jailbreak again next.....
Yes, and it worked fine. Standby, on, off, no problems. No reset and no re-registration required.

I also noted that the performance when you access the menu items was improved a little.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #35
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
FYI - I jailbroke my Kindle Touch Wifi with Special Offers just so I could get ixtab's font hack. No other hacks installed. The firmware upgrade to 5.1 worked fine in my case. Just an informational FYI.
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #36
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars View Post
FYI - I jailbroke my Kindle Touch Wifi with Special Offers just so I could get ixtab's font hack. No other hacks installed. The firmware upgrade to 5.1 worked fine in my case. Just an informational FYI.
I'm starting to think that what is preventing the upgrade to 5.1 of jailbroked kindles is only the Launcher application...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #37
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
I'm starting to think that what is preventing the upgrade to 5.1 of jailbroked kindles is only the Launcher application...
confirmed - just removed GUI Launcher (from Yifan) and it worked jailbreak is still there...
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #38
zamana
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelos View Post
confirmed - just removed GUI Launcher (from Yifan) and it worked jailbreak is still there...
Thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #39
diba
Addict

With or without factory reset?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #40
miguelos
Enthusiast
miguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toysmiguelos shares his or her toys

Device: K3-3G, KT SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
With or without factory reset?
without factory reset
miguelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #41
diba
Addict

Amazing, all types of updates seem to work. On the webpage where I do support to Kindles, I had 2 owners running the update on jailbroken and localised KTs without any issues, they even had NOT to do the factory reset.
Its obviously just mine which is making trouble.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #42
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Amazing, all types of updates seem to work. On the webpage where I do support to Kindles, I had 2 owners running the update on jailbroken and localised KTs without any issues, they even had NOT to do the factory reset.
Its obviously just mine which is making trouble.
Mine is having trouble too. Uninstalled all the hacks, performed factory reset many times but it does not work.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #43
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Jailbroken Kindle Touch (I paid to remove ads) running the screensaver hack -- I successfully installed 5.1 but now my power button is not working. The LED comes on but it won't go into sleep mode. I'm trying a factory reset first to see if that fixes things, then I'll try the re-registering if I have to.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #44
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hmn, in my case, it goes to sleep but without the screensaver. Did you touch the screen to make sure?

Last edited by Ilogis; 04-12-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #45
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Ran the factory reset and the re-registration ... and the jailbreak is gone. Not sure if I can re-install it and the screensaver hack on top of this update. UGH.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote