Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #181
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I don't even know what a messenger bag is
A purse European handbag for men, probably. :P
Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #182
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post

My wife often makes fun. But I use either timbuk2 or Tom bihn. My 2 favorite.
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #183
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Same could be said for android devices. The fanboys are just as hardcore. Ruthless, vile & a hive of villainy & scum.

Same tired old BS from an apple hater. Plain & simple. You people are disgusting.
This is rude, uncalled for, and off-topic. Nobody was name-calling until you came along.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #184
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Hmm. This is getting a bit harsh. My wife has an Android tablet and I have an IPad. We seldom call each other rude names.

They are just tablets folks. Get a life for goodness sakes
Old 04-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #185
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
This is rude, uncalled for, and off-topic. Nobody was name-calling until you came along.
Well get a tissue to wipe your tears. It's a fact. The apple haters were in full force spouting out ignorant generalizations. As always.

Off topic just like your worthless posts in my threads.
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #186
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Manbags and murses, you say? I'm one of those gadget-brandishing sissies who own even more bags than electronic toys. We derive a great deal of assurance from the fact our bags couldn't possibly be purses because -- look, damn it, look, for the love of God! -- they're really large.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #187
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
My daily bag is actually the same kind that Harrison Ford used in the Indiana Jones movies--essentially a British Mark VII gas mask bag attached to a leather rifle strap. If you want to call that a purse, go right ahead.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #188
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrated View Post
My daily bag is actually the same kind that Harrison Ford used in the Indiana Jones movies--essentially a British Mark VII gas mask bag attached to a leather rifle strap. If you want to call that a purse, go right ahead.
Aren't there companies that actually market their manly murses as being exactly like the one in "Indiana Jones"? Apparently there's an entire cult of men who who form themselves into letters that spell cohones whenever they talk about that bag. And of course Ernest Alexander had his version, and the Saddleback Leather Co. is always confecting pre-weathered leather takes on that bag, and J Crew regularly claims to have "remixed" it.

My God, I feel virile, don't you?

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #189
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
We derive a great deal of assurance from the fact our bags couldn't possibly be purses because -- look, damn it, look, for the love of God! -- they're really large.
*5thWiggle takes a sly peek at over at Prestidigitweeze, and slinks away with feelings of bag-envy and inadequacy. Promises himself to buy a sporty red convertable bag and get hair transplants at the soonest opportunity*
Old 04-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #190
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Aren't there companies that actually market their manly murses as being exactly like the one in Indiana Jones? Apparently there's an entire cult of men who who form themselves into letters that spell cohones whenever they talk about that bag. And of course the Saddleback Leather Co. is always confecting pre-weathered versions of that bag, and J Crew regularly claims to have "remixed" it.

My God, I feel virile!
Yeah, there's a whole bunch of Indiana Jones fanatics out there, but I'm not one of them. It just happens to fit my Kindle Fire and my blood glucose testing kit perfectly (I'm diabetic), and my wife likes how it looks on me too, so it's win/win. And since she's the only one who needs to be impressed by my virility, that works for me.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #191
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrated View Post
Yeah, there's a whole bunch of Indiana Jones fanatics out there, but I'm not one of them. It just happens to fit my Kindle Fire and my blood glucose testing kit perfectly (I'm diabetic), and my wife likes how it looks on me too, so it's win/win. And since she's the only one who needs to be impressed by my virility, that works for me.
I fail to understand, sir. You see, the entire world is supposed to be impressed by my virility, hence the extensive murse collection.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #192
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
Experience.

C'mon, not everyone (most even) who buys an Apple product belongs to the "Cult of Apple". But if I had a nickel for everytime I heard..."I only buy Apple products, they're just the best", well, I'd have a buck. But thats a lot more than I'd get for any other company.

Apple more than anybody else, offers a kind of "cradle to grave" (for lack of a better phrase) experience to its users. Hardware, software, product range, OS integration, etc...all Apple. And they are mostly good. And well marketed. And they look great. They've almost become a fashion accessory. And that's a deliberate marketing ploy. Well done, Apple.

Windows, Android, Linux users have a choice of hardware. Mac OS users don't. Samsung, Asus, Acer users have a choice of OS. Apple hardware users don't. Ergo, the other brands just don't generate the same kind of brand loyalty. An Android fanboi is not loyal to Samsung, just the OS. A Samsung fanboi is not loyal to windows, just the hardware. It's that simple, really. Apple has created a vastly loyal fan-base with nice-looking, quality products, that are priced at the higher end of the market. And they have a cohesive vision of how to serve that fan-base. Some of that fan-base are irritating fanbois who only consider Apple products when purchasing. They have a hard time admitting that Apple makes mistakes, if they even can. (That was the context of my quote, remember?) These annoy me and make me laugh. That was my entire point. The remaining Apple users, the vast majority of them, are not.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I am trying to make myself as clear as possible here.
You're clear, but it's complete nonsense.

Maybe when Apple was a computer-making company with 5% of the market, there was truth to this. But Apple products are now so mainstream (51% of US households have an Apple product) that it makes no sense to pretend that these people have very much in common at all. Something like 300 million iPhones have been sold and the top 3 selling handsets are the iPhone 3GS, the iPhone 4, and the iPhone 4S.

Apple users aren't a small beleagured elitest clique. They are about as mainstream as people who drive Toyotas. And they tend to buy their products for the same reasons - practicality and personal preference. 75% of what Apple sells are iPhones and iPads, and they cost about the same as competing devices from other electronic companies.

Which is why so many of the comments grouping Apple users together really make no real sense. Try substituting "Toyota" for "Apple" in the comments...and if it doesn't make any sense for Toyota, it probably doesn't make any sense for Apple.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #193
calibrated
Zealot

Quote:
I fail to understand, sir. You see, the entire world is supposed to be impressed by my virility, hence the extensive murse collection.
Well, good luck with that, then. :-)

I'm reminded of what has been said about cars--everyone wants a sports car so they'll look sexy, but a minivan is the only vehicle that proves you've actually *had* sex.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #194
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The Briefcase - The original manbag....

This is what I use for travel

Tenba Photo/Laptop Messenger Bag (Mini, Black)

Last edited by Greg Anos; 04-05-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #195
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...Same tired old BS from an apple hater. Plain & simple. You people are disgusting. Of course you don't see apple people saying the same thing here about other devices or OSes. You guys must really be upset that you chose sub-par hardware & software. Seriously, it's so amusing now. There can be no other explanation.
Quote:
Well get a tissue to wipe your tears. It's a fact. The apple haters were in full force spouting out ignorant generalizations. As always.

Off topic just like your worthless posts in my threads.
This thread is very close to closure. One more such post and this thread will be closed.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 04-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Closed Thread