Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
daveh20
Edge User

Can't Open Books in My Library

When i try to open a book in my library i get the following message:

This document is licensed to another user.

Has been ok up until yesterday.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Usually you get that when you've just added a book to the Library and there's a problem with its registration (i.e., the Adobe ID differs on your eDGe from that used when purchasing the book).

If that book opened fine yesterday and today there's a problem, then I'm not sure what you could do. Perhaps delete the book from the Library and then re-add it?

Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
daveh20
Edge User

The problem is none of my ebooks will open. All was OK until yesterday. Called Entourage help and they can't figure it out either.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Do those books open on your computer with Adobe digital editions?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
NiaTrue
Edge User

Or did you change your Adobe ID? Do you have more than one?

Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Perhaps re-register your eDGe then. Press "Menu", then "Settings", "eDGe Settings", "Register". Make sure you specify the Adobe ID (correctly).

Old 02-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
daveh20
Edge User

No won't open on computer with digital editions

Old 02-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
daveh20
Edge User

Don't even know if I have an Adobe ID? Do I need that? As stated, all books opened fine until yesterday.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

If you purchased the books or borrowed them from a library, then you need an Adobe ID. The eDGe defaults to your enTourage account user name and password for the Adobe ID if you don't specify your own.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
NiaTrue
Edge User

Generally, the answer to that question is yes. You'll need to to use Adobe Digital Editions, which is the DRM behind most of the ebooks you'll buy online, Amazon and Barnes & Noble notably excepted.

And as Boris said, the eDGe defaults to your enTourage account user name and password. So if you have another Adobe ID out there (maybe you signed up a long time ago for InDesign or PhotoShop and forgot?), then you'll need to reconcile those accounts before you can seamlessly download and open ebooks.

Addendum: You might want to read the Adobe Digital Editions FAQs.

Last edited by NiaTrue; 02-23-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: addendum

Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh20 View Post
Don't even know if I have an Adobe ID? Do I need that? As stated, all books opened fine until yesterday.
Whenever you purchase a book it is DRM protected to the email address you used to register with that company. The email addresses all need to be the same - for your Adobe ID and purchased books - to make it easy. Adobe digital edition can then open all your purchased epubs and PDFs. The Adobe Id is the one you then register your edge with. I'm not quite sure how they would have opened before, perhaps you were only opening non DRM protected books? Where do your books originate from? Did you buy them or are they freebies?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #12
daveh20
Edge User

I have re-registered and downloaded my recent purchases and all seems to be working. However I am still confused. When I click on my library they are all there as untagged and will open. When I look at where the books are actually stored, I don't see them. So the are in the library, why can,t I see them when I look at what files are stored internally?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
NiaTrue
Edge User

Because files of items added to the library are stored in a protected (read: inaccessible) location on the internal drive. This also means that you don't need to keep those files elsewhere on the internal drive. But it's probably a good idea to have them backed up somewhere, i.e. your desktop or the cloud, if they're not stored by and accessible from the source from which you bought them.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #14
daveh20
Edge User

Could I back up to my SD card?

Old 02-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #15
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh20 View Post
Could I back up to my SD card?
Yes, but, you know, you can archive up to 1 GB of content on the enTourage servers? In the library, choose the check icon in the top right corner and select the files you'd like to archive. Then at the bottom of the screen, select "Archive."