Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Question Nook PC app question

Ok I am a total non-techie type so no laughing at the question

Can someone explain why I would download the PC Nook app to my laptop? What exactly does it do? Is there an advantage to having it??

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Quantalume
Quantalume began at the beginning.

Device: nook wifi
You need the nook app in order to read DRM content on a PC. When I'm reading for pleasure during my lunch hour or in the evening, I prefer the nook. At other times, when I have to be at a desk anyway, I often read on a PC. It's just a matter of preference. Also, if you are just getting your feet wet with the whole e-book thing, you can download the PC app at no charge and give it a try. A Windows netbook or tablet makes a decent e-reader too.

Hopefully, B&N will offer some type of highlighting, clipping and note-taking synchronization between nook devices and the PC. That would make the software really useful.
Quantalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert