Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Emailing news feed to kindle 3

I'm having trouble with the news feed being emailed to my kindle after it updates. I'll have to post the error message tonight if needed. I've put in my username@kindle.com email address & my gmail address as the from. I've checked & double checked & not sure why it's not going through. Any thoughts? I could manually plug in & update the Kindle but why would I do that if I could use the email. .
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I'll have to post the error message
Error messages alway help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I've put in my username@kindle.com email address & my gmail address as the from.
I don't have a Kindle but it my understanding that you have to log into your Kindle(Amazon) account and list the Gmail address as an acceptable source otherwise mail from that address is dumped as spam.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
This 2nd post is an internet hiccup on my end.

Please disregard.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup I've listed the gmail as acceptable. I'll post the error messages tonight. I'm posting from the iPhone @ work now. Thanks though.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #5
monkeyluis
Banned

So I'm home now. Here is the error message I get.

ERROR: Failed to email books: Failed to email the following books:

Ars Technica

Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 634, in _send_mails
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 83, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 75, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

I have CNet also download, but I'm getting the same error when trying to email to device. I wanted to test them out before I start setting up reciepes or other feeds.
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #6
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
When you setup the amil preferences in Calibre did you do a TEST email? There is a button on that setup screen. I found I had my password wrong.

As a side note you can also use a slightly different kindle email address of username@free.kindle.com

I went into Amazon and changed my document delivery amount to $0.00 to ensure that everything gets diverted.

I got my mum to add my gmail address to her Amazon account and I send her books via Calibre. She has a K2 which is 3G, not WiFi. Amazon sends her an email to tell her something has arrived at her "@free.kindle" and she connects her K2 and it automatically goes onto her Kindle. This works for me as she is not the most computer savyy and couldn't cope when I archived books and emailed her.

If she had the Wi-Fi it would automatically synch for free.

Brewjono.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote