Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
teofrast
Enthusiast
teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: pocketbook902
hi paola,
I do not know if jino's problem would have presented also with my microsd, as I used it after having loaded some stuff on it. (by the way, what's the point of having an empty card on the pb?)
cheers
t
teofrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by teofrast View Post
hi paola,
I do not know if jino's problem would have presented also with my microsd, as I used it after having loaded some stuff on it. (by the way, what's the point of having an empty card on the pb?)
cheers
t
thanks, top message updated accordingly!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #18
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, cannot find the thread where soembody was after the 2.0.3 firmware: just found it, though only for 902 and 602: check the top message.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #19
paola
Wizard

added review's latest application (wifi radio)
Old 02-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #20
paola
Wizard

updated link to review's 0.0.3d version: thansk review!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:46 AM   #21
paola
Wizard

updated with a link to yuryfdr's checkers game
Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
paola
Wizard

updated link to sergeyvl12's version 1.1.0 for the new models - thansk Sergey!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #23
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
Hi. I update poterm to v. 1.03.
it can work at Pocketbook 60x and 90x now.
builds and sources availible at my home page. sorces at sourcesfore pocketbook-free in svn is updated too.
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #24
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuryfdr View Post
Hi. I update poterm to v. 1.03.
it can work at Pocketbook 60x and 90x now.
builds and sources availible at my home page. sorces at sourcesfore pocketbook-free in svn is updated too.
Thanks yury, I have updated the top message (by the way, please do tell me if the "communication" heading is not the right place for a link to your poterm)
Old 02-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #25
yuryfdr
Connoisseur
yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.yuryfdr is faster than slow light.

Device: pocketbook 301, pocketbook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
Thanks yury, I have updated the top message (by the way, please do tell me if the "communication" heading is not the right place for a link to your poterm)
It's not fully my poterm, it have been originaly writen by Uroboros for 301+ (as he known at the-ebook.org forum. I don't know his nickname here). I've only slightly enhanced its functionality and adapted for other devices.

may be "shell access" will be better heading for terminal.

Last edited by yuryfdr; 02-28-2011 at 01:38 PM.
yuryfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #26
paola
Wizard

thank you Yury, I have amended the top message.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #27
doublezed
doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Leggo IBS - a.k.a. PocketBook 603
Hi All, i just received my PB603 (aka Leggo IBS) and here is my two cents after a little bit of usage. I found no track about it in the user guide so here it is.

When you take a note on a book or html article or anything else, a pop up menu will ask you to save the note as an image. This image can be modified on the device with a preinstalled dedicated software. You can do this by going into the book TOC or directly from the "Notes" area of the device.
For each note you will see a blocknote icon with a '+' sign on its left. Use the pen to tap on this icon (tapping on the note title will bring you to the page of the note) and it will open a spolier and let you see the image of the note. Now LONG PRESS on the image and from the pop-up menu choose 'Modify'. This will load the image inside a drawing software from where you can underline, handwrite some notes etc.

Hoping this helps someone and sorry for my bad english
doublezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #28
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublezed View Post
Hoping this helps someone and sorry for my bad english
this is very interesting, but I am not sure I follow: how do you get the pop-up to save as an image? which reading program do you use?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 AM   #29
doublezed
doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.doublezed has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Leggo IBS - a.k.a. PocketBook 603
Hi Paola,
i know it's better to add screenshots and i will as soon as possible. Just to be clear i'm using the firmware as is with no software added.
On my PB603 to take a note open the book, go to the page you want to take a note from, and simply tap somewhere on the scree and a box with 9 icons inside it will appear. The one in the middle-left is the one to create a note. Tap on it and than drag the pen from the beginning to the end of the text block you want to annotate. As you lift up the pen from the screen, a pop up menu named "Create note" will appear. There are several entries in this menu depending on the software you are using but "Copy as image" is always there.

Something to note is the when you tap on the "Take a note" icon it appears that nothing is happening... your pocketbook is simply waiting for you to highlight the block of text

Let me know if this works or if there are differences in firmwares.

EDIT:
Discovere a way to use buttons instead of pen:
1. when you are on the page, press the OK button: this will show the 9 icons menu
2. choose the "Take a note" icon then press OK button again
3. now a little thin black bar will appear on the top of the screen. This black bar state the beginning of the block you want to became your note. Move it with the up and down buttons and than press OK
4. Now use the up/down button to highlight the area you want to note and press OK
5. Here the pop up menu with "Copy as image" entry will appear. Use up/down buttons to highlight the entry and than press OK

Last edited by doublezed; 03-02-2011 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Discovered a way to use buttons instead of pen
doublezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #30
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublezed View Post
Hi Paola,
i know it's better to add screenshots and i will as soon as possible. Just to be clear i'm using the firmware as is with no software added.
On my PB603 to take a note open the book, go to the page you want to take a note from, and simply tap somewhere on the scree and a box with 9 icons inside it will appear. The one in the middle-left is the one to create a note. Tap on it and than drag the pen from the beginning to the end of the text block you want to annotate. As you lift up the pen from the screen, a pop up menu named "Create note" will appear. There are several entries in this menu depending on the software you are using but "Copy as image" is always there.

Something to note is the when you tap on the "Take a note" icon it appears that nothing is happening... your pocketbook is simply waiting for you to highlight the block of text

Let me know if this works or if there are differences in firmwares.

EDIT:
Discovere a way to use buttons instead of pen:
1. when you are on the page, press the OK button: this will show the 9 icons menu
2. choose the "Take a note" icon then press OK button again
3. now a little thin black bar will appear on the top of the screen. This black bar state the beginning of the block you want to became your note. Move it with the up and down buttons and than press OK
4. Now use the up/down button to highlight the area you want to note and press OK
5. Here the pop up menu with "Copy as image" entry will appear. Use up/down buttons to highlight the entry and than press OK
doublezed, many thanks for the clarification, I will check tonight how it works for me, I defintely had not noticed!