Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Alan G
Alan G began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, nexus
Unhappy can't reorder books in browser

Using Sigil 0.6.2 on Ubuntu 12 with KDE.
(The version I downloaded from Sigil site a few months ago)

I'm trying to reorder chapters in the book browser.
If I drag a file it moves but the title shows as blank and trying to right-click it usually crashes Sigil. On restarting after a save the moved file is back where it started.

I can move it by editing the spine section in content.opf and restarting but that feels wrong...

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Alan g.
Alan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
It's a known issue, a conflict with KDE's Qt-4 libraries. Editing the <spine> section of content.opf, saving, and reloading is the workaround.

With the 0.7.x series, which uses Qt5, the conflict is avoided (at least until KDE moves to Qt5). Moving chapters around via dragging works.

As an afterthought, if you want to upgrade to Sigil 0.7.3 without having to install the apppropriate Qt-5x package and build Sigil from source, you might consider DiapDealer's "Unofficial Sigil debian packages."

I'm using the 0.7.2 package on Kubuntu Raring (13.04) successfully.

HTH
Albert

Last edited by st_albert; 08-26-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Afterthought
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
Alan G
Alan G began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, nexus
Thumbs up fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
It's a known issue, a conflict with KDE's Qt-4
As an afterthought, if you want to upgrade to Sigil 0.7.3 without having to install the apppropriate Qt-5x package and build Sigil from source, you might consider DiapDealer's "Unofficial Sigil debian packages."
Thanks, the deb package is working perfectly(so far!)

Much appreciated.

Alan G.
Alan G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book browser, crash, linux, sigil, ubuntu