Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Neupy
Neupy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Any ideas what this might be?

Ok had my book plugged into my laptop all night to charge. Woke up today unplugged it and the screen looked broken. Restarted it and the startup screen looks fine. Then when the screen loads it looks all screwed up. See pic below. My laptop is fine...there was no power surges last night. So im at a loss what this is because the screen seems fine during startup.

Shawn

P.S. sorry the pic sucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CameraZOOM-20100914155017.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	466.3 KB
ID:	58217  
Neupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not much of a tech person so maybe I'm way off. But if the unit didn't encounter any physical trauma, it could be a damage controller. I think that's what they call the card/chip inside that controls the screen display.
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Could be a damaged screen. Did you try to read a book? Turn pages? Does it stay in the same place?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Had a load of similar problems when I first got my 505 a couple of years ago. Laid hands on a mains charger and all was A-OK. Works like a dream ever since. Maybe worth a try, Neupy. Good to have your new company, by the way. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
gahane
gahane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Sony PRS 505
Have you tried doing a hard reboot via the reset button on the back?
gahane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert