Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #151
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
's a film based on a Nick Hornby novel which happens to be on telly as I type, and I've never actually seen Xena so when it featured a clip thereof I immediately thought of BGD and felt the need to type as much, particularly the thought of BGD turning up in the background of random films/situations on undercover detective work. You could turn up any minute for all I know - the possibilities are endless!
(Probably best to focus on your current predicament for now though - do I still get paid if you end up having a religious experience [holey conversion!]]
Good question, Angel. You can always file a bill with Her Majesty, Zelda, Queen of Pinwheel. (Since I would have died in the service of Her Majesty, I'm assuming there should be some largess.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #152
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Good question, Angel. You can always file a bill with Her Majesty, Zelda, Queen of Pinwheel. (Since I would have died in the service of Her Majesty, I'm assuming there should be some largess.)
well that really goes without saying, however i have utmost confidence that everyone participating in this mission will come through it unscathed.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #153
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One more note. This is a noir story. It'll get rougher before it get's over.
(Moderators, I will keep it reasonably suitable for children. At least American children....)
Old 12-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #154
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
(Moderators, I will keep it reasonably suitable for children. At least American children....)
well, it seems a lot closer to The Thin Man than to The Long Goodbye, if you ask me...
Old 12-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #155
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Blast. I just fell off my chair in the exciting/nervewracking anticipation.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #156
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Blast. I just fell off my chair in the exciting/nervewracking anticipation.
hey, dollface, it's a dangerous world out there.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:15 PM   #157
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey, dollface, it's a dangerous world out there.
Given the fall just now, I have face that would make even a cabbage patch doll recoil in terror.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #158
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
well, it seems a lot closer to The Thin Man than to The Long Goodbye, if you ask me...
Agreed. I wanted it that way, with all the body count off-screen. I'm not guaranteeing that it'll finish that nice, is all. The ending is fully plotted, and it should be done, barring disasters, by this weekend. (I have three lovely ladies that I'll be lunching with on Friday, to show the finished product to...)
Old 12-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #159
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Agreed. I wanted it that way, with all the body count off-screen. I'm not guaranteeing that it'll finish that nice, is all. The ending is fully plotted, and it should be done, barring disasters, by this weekend. (I have three lovely ladies that I'll be lunching with on Friday, to show the finished product to...)
oh my. now i'm worried. it's a good thing you're planning to keep up the pace because i couldn't stand to wait much longer.

i'm just going to keep reminding myself that although Nick Charles was only featured in one book by Dashiell Hammett he did go on to star in a whole series of films... with Asta at his side throughout...
Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #160
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
oh my. now i'm worried. it's a good thing you're planning to keep up the pace because i couldn't stand to wait much longer.

i'm just going to keep reminding myself that although Nick Charles was only featured in one book by Dashiell Hammett he did go on to star in a whole series of films... with Asta at his side throughout...
I will always be in the service of Her Majesty....
Old 12-15-2008, 02:41 AM   #161
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Ack!

This is too good to be split up into installments like this, you should have written and posted the entire thing all at once!

And I'm almost out of popcorn as well!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:32 AM   #162
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Woohoo !!!
I'm an ambassador !

Can I get my pay in advance this month?
'cause I'm sure I'll stop being an ambassador before the end of the month ...
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:16 AM   #163
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Woohoo !!!
I'm an ambassador !

Talk to Her Majesty, Zelda, Queen of Pinwheel. It's her kingdom, you're ambassador to...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #164
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ack!

This is too good to be split up into installments like this, you should have written and posted the entire thing all at once!

And I'm almost out of popcorn as well!
You think it's hard on the reader, try thinking how hard it is on the writer!

Next time, y'all aren't going to hear a word until it's done.

SSRSE
Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #165
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Woohoo !!!
I'm an ambassador !

Quote:
Talk to Her Majesty, Zelda, Queen of Pinwheel. It's her kingdom, you're ambassador to...
why, Monsieur l'Ambassadeur, are you planning to retire ? should we plan a soirée ? you are awfully young for that it seems to me ! unless you have received some kind of "inheritance" ? well, if you need an advance on your salary i am sure we can work something out. just write a formal request letter and send it to the accountant.

Tags
coprolite, ongoing saga, pinwheel, saga, unutterable silliness