Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Warning - Kindle Store button removed from Amazon app

After a quick search on this forum I can't find another thread on this subject so...

I was updating apps on my iPad this morning when I noticed the description for the Amazon app update says it removes the Kindle Store Button.

Apparently this is because of Apple rules. Googling the subject, Computer World says you now have to launch Safari or other browser on your iPad and surf to the Amazon store. Then go through the purchase process.

The alternative is to decline this and any further updates to the Amazon app.

Thank you for making my life difficult, Mr Apple.
---------------------------------------------------------
Added later:

Oh, I spoke too fast. You can just use the Amazon app one more time to access the Kindle Store button. It actually just launches Safari and takes you directly to the store and your account. Then you can add the bookmark to your Home Screen. In future, to go to the kindle store and your account, it is just one tap on the bookmark.

Last edited by RCR; 07-27-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: re-think
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unless you've been living at the bottom of a well for the last 6 months, this really shouldn't be any surprise. It's been all over this forum that Apple are requiring the removal of in-app purchasing links, and there have been innumerable threads on the subject.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
zorah
Enthusiast
zorah is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad; iPhone; Asus T91MT; Kindle Touch
Yep. The other book apps I have all were updated at the same time or within a day-Kobo and Nook, B&N e-reader. I was going to not put the Kindle update in, but figured oh well-I can just bookmark the purchase-even make an icon on my home screen and put in my books folder. But not surprised-knew they'd get around to it.
zorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Globetrotter
Globetrotter began at the beginning.

Device: None
So much for making life easier
Globetrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unless you've been living at the bottom of a well for the last 6 months, this really shouldn't be any surprise. It's been all over this forum that Apple are requiring the removal of in-app purchasing links, and there have been innumerable threads on the subject.
Im thinking we need a big ol gaudy stickie at the top of the forums for this because there have been like 3 dozen post of this revelation over the last 6 months. that way its up front and on top for the people who dont like to use the search function.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert