Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #346
nookhoney
nookhoney began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Hi,

I have a couple of plug in "hopes". I have no idea at all how a plug in is created, so I don't even know if these suggestions are possible...

1. The ability to save books in a Calibre Library by Series Or a sub folder in the author category by series.

2. After uploading to device - the metadata like summary and/or series chronology shows on the device.

3. Option to save epubs to library without the extra metadata/cover files.
nookhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 AM   #347
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@nookhoney - welcome to MobileRead.

For #1 it depends what you are after. You cannot change the structure of how calibre stores books in its own library, there is a sticky about that in the Library Management subforum. You can however set whatever structure you like when you export from calibre by setting up the template in Preferences -> Saving books to disc in the Save template. Any questions concerning this you should just ask in the Library Management subforum.

For #2, not quite sure what you are after but there are a few things that might help. There is a feature in calibre we call "metadata jackets" that insert a special page at the front of the book detailing the book summary, series info, rating etc. You can insert this either when doing a conversion (Under Structure detection, tick "Insert metadata at start of book") or use the Modify ePub plugin which has an option to do this without requiring a conversion. In addition if you want the title of the book to reflect the series it is in, you should look into Metadata Plugboards, there is a sticky in the Library Management subforum.

For #3 again you can do this already - go to Preferences -> Saving books to disk and uncheck "Save metadata in OPF file" and "Save cover separately".
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #348
cecdc7731
cecdc7731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I know this has already probably been put forward but I there any way to put the functionality of Mobi Meta Editor into either a plug-in or the main Calibre program itself. With the Error checking capabilities of the Error Check Plug-in to find missing EBOK and ASIN in mobi ebooks, being able to edit directly to add that woudl be fantastic.
cecdc7731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #349
manuk86
manuk86 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi. My idea is add a brief review about the book in the right side under the cover so you know what is the book about. I mean a REVIEW not the metadata.
manuk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #350
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
I have an idea for a plug in that is possibly not workable but here it is... I'd like to be able to flag authors somehow (either with tags or reading list perhaps?). I'd like then to be able to have calibre search somewhere like fantasticfiction or other sites to see if that author has released a book in the previous 6 months. I don't necessarily want calibre to automatically look, but be able to run the search when I want to.

If it isn't possible for calibre to do this, does anyone have ideas for how they keep an eye out for new titles from lots of authors?
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #351
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
I'd like then to be able to have calibre search somewhere like fantasticfiction or other sites to see if that author has released a book in the previous 6 months. I don't necessarily want calibre to automatically look, but be able to run the search when I want to.
Try the Search the internet plugin, Fictfact by author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
If it isn't possible for calibre to do this, does anyone have ideas for how they keep an eye out for new titles from lots of authors?
Get an account on Fictfact and you can receive an email any time a favorite author puts out a new book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #352
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Thanks Walt, both those solutions did the trick.

Cam
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #353
fommil
fommil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Plugin Idea: kindle.amazon.com integration

Hi all,

It would be great if it were possible to sync (or simply upload) book entries with star ratings to the kindle.amazon.com service.

e.g. create a book entry with a star rating and tagged "read" on kindle.amazon.com.

It would certainly encourage me to use the star ratings system in Calibre! Otherwise I'm just maintaining multiple databases.

I hope somebody would like to make this plugin.

Regards, Sam
fommil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #354
ES_PeLoS
ES_PeLoS began at the beginning.

Device: NVSBL L337 v2
www.lecturalia.com is an acceptable reference site for Spanish language books, can you include this source of metadata in Calibre? Thanks in advance

Lecturalia.com is html query and response... but it define results with special html class/ids. For example:

Query: URL => http://www.lecturalia.com/s/{lowercase:title} (spaces replaced with dashes)
Result: html/body/div#ext_web/div#lec_web/div#lec_estruc2/div.cen/div.search-results/div.cont_3_col/div.med/div.lista_libros have 3 items, where html/body/div#ext_web/div#lec_web/div#lec_estruc2/div.cen/div.search-results/div.cont_3_col/div.med/div.lista_libros/div.libro_lista/div.l_datos_izq_gra/a is Title and Link, and html/body/div#ext_web/div#lec_web/div#lec_estruc2/div.cen/div.search-results/div.cont_3_col/div.med/div.lista_libros/div.libro_lista/div.l_datos_izq_gra/span.l_autor/a is Autor and Link

is it possible? (this request into Bug Tracker https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1014525)
ES_PeLoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #355
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Plugin to Download covers from google images

Is posible to make a download plugin metadata to download the first ocurrence of google images?

When i search the cover with the "search the Internet" plugin, selecting the 'google images for book', the first ocurrence almost always returns a valid cover.

The problem is that it's necesary to drag & drop the image to the cover location for every book. The plugin would permit download multiple covers at one time.

Is it possible?

Sorry for my english.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #356
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is on my TODO list. But it will be sometime before I can get to it. In the meantime, feel free to implement such a plugin yourself.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #357
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This is on my TODO list. But it will be sometime before I can get to it. In the meantime, feel free to implement such a plugin yourself.
Thanks for the quick response.

It will not be easy since I have no idea of python.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #358
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
Is posible to make a download plugin metadata to download the first ocurrence of google images?

When i search the cover with the "search the Internet" plugin, selecting the 'google images for book', the first ocurrence almost always returns a valid cover.

The problem is that it's necesary to drag & drop the image to the cover location for every book. The plugin would permit download multiple covers at one time.

Is it possible?

Sorry for my english.
The first occurrence is not always the image wanted. So that's not a good idea to grab the first cover image from Google Images.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #359
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The first occurrence is not always the image wanted. So that's not a good idea to grab the first cover image from Google Images.
Amen!
It usually is a 300x300, big bordered, thumbnail
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #360
lifeofmessiah
lifeofmessiah began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight
Nook SimpleTouch Shelf Manager

The library management for the SimpleTouch is clunky and horrendous to say the least, and it takes a lot of work to create shelves, and you are constantly having to check and recheck to make sure that you have the books where you want them. It would be great to be able to turn Tags and/or Series into Shelves for the Nook Simple Touch, similar to what the Kindle Collections plugin.

Last edited by lifeofmessiah; 06-20-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: fix grammar to make more clear
lifeofmessiah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development