Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 AM   #1801
Paul Ebbs
Paul Ebbs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Kindle Fire HD Collections

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before - I'm looking forward to getting a Fire HD on Christmas morning - I've been a lover of a Kindle 3 since they came out.

I'm also a huge fan of the Cllections Plug-In which is really useful to me.

I'm getting a sense that managing collections on the Fire HD isn't going to be easy as the plug-in can't do it automatically for me, is that right?

In that case, is there a way to import my collection data from the Kindle 3 to the Fire? I'm not getting rid of the 3, so I wondered if I kept a mirror of the collections on there, managed them there, and then simply transferred the data to the Fire, would it work?

Or am I being Mad? :-)

Many thanks in anticiaption of a reply.

Cheers

Paul
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #1802
current_user
current_user began at the beginning.

Device: PW
@NiLuJe :
I have searched this thread for about an hour, but am not able to find the answer to this.

What do I do with the kcoll_pw_tweaks-v31.patch file? I have tried putting it on the kindle, and also updating the plugin in calibre, but I can't seem to find out how to install/patch/update using that file.

Any suggestions?

Im sure it is pretty dumb/obvious solution, so I apologize. But thank you much.
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #1803
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@current_user: Nothing. It's a diff, for the devs. Just install the .zip as any other Calibre plugin.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #1804
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
I think I am doing something wrong, but not sure which step in my pathway is causing the issue.

My setup: Mac OS X with Calibre (0.9.7) with Kindle Collections GUI plugin used with KPW 5.3.1 (JB with screensavers and collections manager hacks installed).

Originally, I added all my books and used the kindle collections gui plugin to save my collections info on my KPW. I then imported my collections from calibre in the CM hack. Worked great, have all my collections and was able to hide those I don't want to show up and it looks awesome.

Problem is now I connect my KPW to calibre and send new books to the KPW followed by saving the collections to the KPW using the GUI plugin in calibre. I disconnect my KPW and then run into problems with the new books not being sorted into the pre-existing collections. I figured I just have to re-"import calibre collections" from within CM, but this doesn't work. I have tried to restart before and after re-importing with no difference - the new books don't sort into collections and just sit on the home page with the heading of "new".

Sorry if there is an easy answer to this. I am not sure if this is an issue with my GUI kindle collections plugin or my collections manager hack on my KPW. I couldn't figure it out when I looked through this thread or the collections manager thread in the kindle developer forum. I tried asking in that thread, but did not get any responses.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #1805
bookwench
bookwench began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Collections on Kindle Paperwhite?

Hi!

I've been playing with Calibre, and spent last night getting all my book tags updated, what an awesome program!!

I have the Kindle Collections add on installed, and have created my collections (using 'series' as the collection item). I show them in Calibre, but when I tell them to upload to the Kindle and reboot, they don't show up on the Kindle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Vicky

Edit: I found a thread here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=192561&page=8 that addresses this. ::bonk:: Search before I post! Anyway, reconverting and uploading again with recommended settings from this thread.

Last edited by bookwench; 12-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #1806
MCPP
MCPP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K5
Kindle Combining Names

Good evening.
It seems like my Kindle is combining the names of the collections and I have no idea why.
It basically looks like this
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.9.11
Kindle Collections: <P>Preview report generated 9 collections.<P>

=== Kindle Collections 1.7.11 PREVIEW Report

Preview only - no collections have actually been modified on the Kindle.

Collections saved to the Kindle:

Collection Managed By Books Change
---------- ---------- ----- ------
The Bourne Trilogy English Calibre 3 Created (from column Kindle)
Diverse Calibre 6 Created (from column Kindle)
Douglas Preston And Lincoln Child Calibre 12 Created (from column Kindle)
Gutenberg Calibre 5 Created (from column Kindle)
Harry Potter French Calibre 7 Created (from column Kindle)
Haruki Murakami English Calibre 6 Created (from column Kindle)
The Hunger Games Calibre 3 Created (from column Kindle)
Isaac Asimov French Calibre 4 Created (from column Kindle)
Philip K. Dick French Calibre 26 Created (from column Kindle)

Collections deleted from the Kindle:

Collection Managed By Books Change
---------- ---------- ----- ------
The Bourne Trilogy EnglishHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 3 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
DiverseHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 6 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
Douglas Preston And Lincoln ChildHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 12 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
GutenbergHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 5 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
Harry Potter FrenchHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 7 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
Haruki Murakami EnglishHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 6 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
The Hunger GamesHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 3 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
Isaac Asimov FrenchHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 4 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)
Philip K. Dick FrenchHaruki Murakami English@The Bourne Trilogy English@ Kindle 26 Deleted (preserve kindle-only is False)

=== Settings:

Column: Kindle
Action: Create
Prefix: ""
Suffix: ""
Minimum: ""
Ignore: ""
Include: ""
Rename from: ""
Rename to: ""
Split on: ""

Never delete/modify these Kindle collections:
Action when toolbar icon is clicked: Show menu (default)
Preserve existing Kindle-only collections: False
Ignore prefix/suffix when comparing Calibre names: True
Ignore case when pattern matching: True
Reset collection times: True
Ignore exported collections db: False
Force Touch Model: False
Kindle Model: 0
Calibre Personal doc tag: ""
Kindle collections file: /Volumes/Kindle/system/collections.json
Plugin customization file: /Users/user/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/Kindle Collections.json
System Encoding: utf-8
, but when I'm running the Update it looks like before. I have no idea what to do, help would be nice. I'm using the most recent version of both the plugin and Calibre. Kindle has also the newest firmware.
Thanks.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #1807
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Is this plugin compatible with the Paperwhite? My collections won't sync to my kpw.

Last edited by sitrucz; 12-29-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #1808
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitrucz View Post
Is this plugin compatible with the Paperwhite? My collections won't sync to my kpw.
Only if you jailbreak it.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #1809
Goatbert
Goatbert began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Only if you jailbreak it.
I've jailbroken mine and while I can see the books on the Kindle Paperwhite (5.3.1, Jailbroken about an hour ago with the latest version, and with the screensaver hack installed and working) within Calibre, they appear to not be in a collection, even though they are already in collections on my Kindle.

Also, the settings (such as justification) don't work - and when I go into the system folder on my kindle, the com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader folder doesn't exist. If I create it and the reader.pref file within it, the settings still don't make a different - no justification option appears.

It looks like these settings are just stored in a completely different spot in the Paperwhite?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #1810
storageman
storageman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
can I move books from one collection to another?

strange situation
view report of Kindle collections and books works
calibre, version 0.9.12
Kindle Collections:
46 collections, 1729 books, 3 magazines, 1 news feed found on the Kindle.<P>
=== Kindle Collections 1.7.11 View Collections Report

But import kindle collections (I added custom column named collections) appears to have done nothing

Show books in device shows the 1734 books but only 4 show an associated collection. However all books are in a collection!

What I really need to do is move (not copy) books from one collection to another. Is that possible?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #1811
hola!claude
Enthusiast
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
Hi,
I have a kindle 4nt black(non jailbreaked) and I'm trying ,without success, to modify the font,
I created the font folder and put the fonts inside,
I double checked the names but all I get when I try to change the fonts is the message: "at least one custom fonts is missing a file in the Kindle fonts directory etc",

BUT

the files are there , as you can see from the attachments

What do I have to do ?

Ok I solved the problem,I had to remove the .ttf from the names of the files,
these were .ttf file and probably to put .ttf in the name is wrong,
now it works
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle 1.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	98546   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle 2.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	98547  

Last edited by hola!claude; 01-01-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: problem solved
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #1812
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

I've now exhausted my personal attempts to solve this problem, so I'm coming here to the board. I've been using Kindle Collections for quite a long while now. Every so often, I add a couple of books, regenerate the collections, and move on quickly.

Not very long ago, I added a couple of new books for Christmas, and when I regenerated my collections, I lost all of the ones based on series. After exploring a bit, I've determined this is at least in part because my metadata plugboard seems to have stopped working. I did not change it at all, but I did upgrade two versions (once just before the problem started, and once since in hopes it would solve the issue).

I've removed and re-added the plugboards, removed and re-added books, and when I do, they no longer have the series in front (as the plugboard is set up to do). I've also tried removing all the Calibre created files in the root of the Kindle, to see if they were somehow to blame. Is this a problem with the new version of Calibre, something corrupt on my Kindle, or what? I really don't want to go without the series information on my books. And if it's the version, how do I step back to an earlier functioning version?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #1813
mfsav2
mfsav2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Here's another patch/tweak for Touch/PW users .
NiLuJe,
sorry to bother but can you help me too?

I've installed your plugin (the zip file) in calibre and generated the column as you explained but I cannot import my Kindle collections.

see also here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=334

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mf

EDIT:
I was able to import the collections from Kindle and now in my nice custom column I have the names comma separated: Col A, Col B

I've edited the books to add the correct collections to them, my issue is now how I do export them to the kindle?

Last edited by mfsav2; 01-04-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #1814
ginakra
ginakra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello, I installed and ran on my Kindle, but I am having problems. It's only moving part of the collection assignments when run on my Kindle and after restart.

For example, today I assigned 18 books to go into Nonfiction collection, and after using it on my Kindle and restarting, I found only 13 got moved into that collection. The rest are still out in the home pages of the Kindle.

Is there something I am doing wrong? It only moved about 2/3 of sample books I tagged to my New Samples collection too. Any ideas off the bat?

I imported the existing collections into Calibre from the Kindle, using the custom column instructions. If it wasn't working at all, I don't think it would move any books into any collections, so it seems to be installed correctly, and I used the Imported Kindle Collection column, and the drop down list to assign the Collection names. I did them all the same way, but not all are moved. I'm not sure what is going on. Could anyone help?

Thanks,
Gina

Last edited by ginakra; 01-08-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #1815
ginakra
ginakra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Is there any support here for this plugin?
Closed Thread