Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Provincial
Provincial is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Problems Using Reader Software To Download MP3, JPEG? (PRS-650)

I noticed that I was unable to download mp3's and JPEG photos to the PRS-650 using the reader software. I import the files into the library and the Sync panel does show the correct number of files being downloaded, but the files do NOT actually make it onto the Reader! They do not appear in the Reader's interface or anywhere in the filesystem.

If I manually go into the filesystem and copy the files into the appropriate directories in the Reader, then they are properly picked up in the Reader's interface.

Anyone else notice this issue? Or am I doing something wrong here?
Provincial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
if you are using sync, then you need to be sure you have ticked pictures in the options on the readers sync symbol (left hand pane), if you have done this then I have no idea why they don't sync......I am using latest version with a 350 and it works.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

See image below: I never use Sync as it is problematic. But you can easily drag and drop images and MP3 files to your reader.
  1. Select Library in upper-left of the Reader Library window.
  2. From the Library select the file you want to transfer.
  3. Drag the file to Reader. Drag it to Reader not a subfolder. The application should place it in the proper location.

NOTE: I had problems with older versions of the Reader Library application when dragging files from subfolders under Library to the Reader, or when dragging from the Library folder to subfolders under Reader. CS told me to always drag from main Library folder to main Reader folder. I've had no issues since.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony-reader-library.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	59627  

Last edited by jswinden; 10-10-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Tags
jpeg, mp3, prs-650, troubleshooting