Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I think that Zelda's most immediate wish is to get her travel arrangements straight and trouble-free. (See her recent posts on the vent and rant thread.) And if anyone dares to corrupt that wish then you will have a very unhappy moderator. And you really wouldn't want that to happen, would you?
No ma'am.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 PM   #17
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
See, I took mushroom clouds and ecological disasters to be off-limits as wish corruption, because they would be too easy. But then again, I didn't wish for world peace (or whirled peas) because I thought that was too obvious for this game.

I got a good chuckle about the dogs with hairballs, though.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #18
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
See, I took mushroom clouds and ecological disasters to be off-limits as wish corruption, because they would be too easy. But then again, I didn't wish for world peace (or whirled peas) because I thought that was too obvious for this game.
Patricia didn't wish for world peace (or whirled peas); she wished for a white Christmas. The BOOM! moves in mysterious ways.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #19
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Patricia didn't wish for world peace (or whirled peas); she wished for a white Christmas. The BOOM! moves in mysterious ways.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the two were linked that way, just that I had discounted both as possibilities. An "end of the world" scenario could be used to corrupt pretty much any wish. And world peace is something I always wish for-- I'm notorious at our house for putting it at the top of Christmas lists, etc. (Keeping in mind that peace begins at home, and I have two teenagers, I admit that this wish has had certain overtones in recent years.)
Old 09-13-2008, 12:04 AM   #20
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
...An "end of the world" scenario could be used to corrupt pretty much any wish. ...
I don't know about that. I could wish for a Pistachio and White Chocolate Massimo's icecream right about now (truly, I could ), and the wish wouldn't be corrupted by the "end of the world" scenario of a splodey mushroom. I think the point of the thread is that to be "corrupted" the wish has to be granted, but in a Monkey's Paw kind of way. Thus, a "white Christmas" is granted by a "nuclear winter", and world peace is granted by being forced to listen to people sitting around campfires holding hands singing Kum Ba Yah.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 AM   #21
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I don't know about that. I could wish for a Pistachio and White Chocolate Massimo's icecream right about now (truly, I could ), and the wish wouldn't be corrupted by the "end of the world" scenario of a splodey mushroom. I think the point of the thread is that to be "corrupted" the wish has to be granted, but in a Monkey's Paw kind of way. Thus, a "white Christmas" is granted by a "nuclear winter", and world peace is granted by being forced to listen to people sitting around campfires holding hands singing Kum Ba Yah.
I'll definitely grant you the nuclear winter thing. I guess I was too sleepy to catch the reference.

I refuse to even consider the campfire singalong scenario. Some things are not meant to be contemplated. (At least not after the kind of week I had this week.)
Old 09-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I refuse to even consider the campfire singalong scenario. Some things are not meant to be contemplated. (At least not after the kind of week I had this week.)
That's very true. I know, I said "icecream" at some stage - let's all think wonderful thoughts about icecream (we're going for a walk with the dogs down to the beach now, so we will probably be having a Massimo's. I'll buy one for you too, neko, and describe it to you later so you can taste and savour it vicariously. Ahh, the things I do for my friends...I'm such a treasure POSTCARD: "Weather's fine. Icecream's luvverly. I wish you were here").

Cheers,
Marc (also contemplating chicken and mushroom laksa for dinner)
Old 09-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #23
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Yum. Ice cream.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #24
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Granted, but you are severely lactose intolerant.

I wish for no more crabgrass.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #25
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Granted -- but only because your whole lawn is now a lake. Your back porch and kitchen too.

Ummm. I wish ... I wish ... oh, I know, I'll wish to be independently wealthy so I can retire and read ebooks.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #26
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Granted. Now everyone is independently wealthy but there is nothing to buy including something to read your ebooks on.

And I still wish I had proposed to my wife sooner.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #27
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
And I still wish I had proposed to my wife sooner.
Granted. But she turned out to be an Ellen Jamsian.

I wish I were a real boy.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #28
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Granted. But she turned out to be an Ellen Jamsian.

I wish I were a real boy.
Granted. You're Boy George.

I wish I had $100,000. (easy one)
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #29
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I wish I had $100,000. (easy one)
Granted, they're Zimbabwean dollars - don't spend them all at once .

I wish in all stories where the hero is given three wishes; he uses one of those wishes to wish for infinite wishes.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Granted, they're Zimbabwean dollars - don't spend them all at once .

I wish in all stories where the hero is given three wishes; he uses one of those wishes to wish for infinite wishes.
Granted. The stories are all excruciatingly boring and infinitely long.

I wish there is no such thing as wishing.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness