Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
however, i'm a bit worried about encouraging megalomaniacs too much and quite a few different points in the "amazon shopping experience" annoy me so i don't shop there very often. we do actually have other stores here which sell clothing and screwdrivers and such... we even have other stores which sell books !

do you really buy clothing and tools from amazon ? i really only think of them for media purchases. i didn't realize they had so many different categories.
Good point about megalomaniacs, ZP. I detest Walmart for the same reason. The trouble is that Amazon is so darned convenient, affordable, and reliable that it's hard not to shop there. I buy most of my pbooks, CDs, DVDs, electronics, and the occasional odds and sods (no, not clothes). Hmmm. I appear to be a significant megalomaniac supporter. Must.... rethink....existence.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 AM   #17
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
We have even taken to buying some of the bulkier and heavy household supplies at Amazon. Like laundry detergent and such...we buy enough to get the free shipping. So we pay no shipping only need to order once/yr on most things, pay no state sales tax AND save significantly in not just money but also time spent driving to get the stuff.

In our small ditch water town we have three big grocery stores and none of them carry everything we want so we end up having to spend almost an entire day if we include the houehold items. Now we get it all done in a couple hrs/week and it's a breeze.

We use Netflix for video. When I last looked at the Unbox'd stuff on Amazon the selection was pretty limited. Now with most of the options on Netflix we get unlimited online viewing too. Granted the online stuff is somewhat dated or marginal, we find more then enough to make the $18/mo plan a bargain between the mailed DVD's and online. Right now we are working our way through Quincy online. A couple epsiodes a night. We actually dropped cable/satellite about 4 years ago now and have been perfectly happy with streaming options, including those over Winamp/Shoutcast. But no more paying $110/mo for DirecTV.

BTW, still not buying a Kindle until it does more, costs less and goes through a bit of a re-design with the button navigation issue. My best device is still the danged OLD Clie nx73v. Perfect one handed operation while reading.

I am even looking at getting my gluten free flours from either Amazon or directly from Bob's Red Mill. If they would carry large enough quantities I would order it from Amazon for the same reasons as the household stuff. I figure better Amazon than Walmart getting my cash. (We don't have any options within a 45 mi round trip. And it really takes about a 90mi RT to have any real options.)

Last edited by brecklundin; 04-09-2008 at 01:47 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, digitalization, kindle, mp3