Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
zxcvbnm
zxcvbnm began at the beginning.

Device: none
$60 sony prs-350 or wait for christmas sale?

With my $75 trade in coupon and student discount I can get the prs-350 from sony style for $60. On the other hand will I miss the extra inch. Do I wait for after christmas and see if they have a big christmas sale, but lose my chance at the $60 one? I just don't know... (coupons good till end of january)
zxcvbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Buy it NOW! You might be expecting a sale that will never happen. $60 would be hard to beat for a 350. Get off MR now and go to sonystyle and buy it now.

Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
Buy it NOW! You might be expecting a sale that will never happen. $60 would be hard to beat for a 350. Get off MR now and go to sonystyle and buy it now.

You are getting a helluva deal!!!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Buy it! It's a great deal. If an after Christmas sale happens that is a better deal for you, you can always sell your 350 to recoup your cost.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I'd say buy it as well. I doubt it PRS-350 will go under $150 again before the end of January. Enjoy it sooner! With such a low price it might be worth considering a cover as well, which bumps it up to about $90. The cover seems a bit overpriced, but it's nice.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I say go for it! Who knows when the next sale will be?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
And? Have you bought it? Such a great deal would've been a shame to waste it. I paid 180€ for mine...
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I'm going to be even more blunt: you would be very foolish to pass up such an incredible deal for the sake of a few extra page turns.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
zxcvbnm

Oh dear, sorry. What with christmas and screaming babies with ill parents I rather let the moment pass...

Still think a chance they will have new years sale now everyone who wanted one has got one for christmas... But maybe they will be in too short supply.

Anyway done is done. I will now hang my head in shame and go lurk quietly.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #10
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Oh, shame is not necessary! If there is something I've learned over the years, it is there will always be a next time. It may look different and feel different but it is rare that a chance doesn't present itself again.

Maybe there is a 650 out there that is waiting for you. You never know!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
We've all missed opportunities in the past, but if the coupon is good through January, are you no longer a student?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
brbubba
Connoisseur
brbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
We've all missed opportunities in the past, but if the coupon is good through January, are you no longer a student?
I couldn't get it to show up for me and I still have a student email address, which works for Apple anyway. Sony must have bumped their prices back up or something, I think the student site was less than $10 off the $170 price. That's absurd when you can find it on Amazon for around $150 shipped.
brbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #13
zxcvbnm

It's baaaack.

For another week. $30 off. Still no stock of the 6" one.

(I don't think your email address matters to get the student price you just click on the link to the education store which has 10% off. How much they check you eligibility I don't know)

Now will I be more organised this week?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
brbubba
Connoisseur
brbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
It's baaaack.

For another week. $30 off. Still no stock of the 6" one.

(I don't think your email address matters to get the student price you just click on the link to the education store which has 10% off. How much they check you eligibility I don't know)

Now will I be more organised this week?
Yeah student store brings it down to $135. Shipping is showing as free for me, but tax kills it and brings it back up to $144. Still a little cheaper than from Amazon, but lame that I have to pay tax when there isn't a Sony store in my state.
brbubba is offline   Reply With Quote