Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Russellsstudent
Russellsstudent began at the beginning.

Device: none
formatting issue re: capital letters go missing!

Good morning all
I am one step from a successful migration to MOBI but one irritation keeps me from getting to the end. The capital letters of the heading do not stay from the EPUB/Sigil to the MOBI. They appear in the Sigil document, they appear in the html, they are in the css. Why do they revert to lower case when I convert to MOBI using Calibre? Does it have to do with spacing between lines with different CSS? I am at wit's end! Thank you all for your help with other issues I have posted.
Russellsstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
MOBI does not support CSS. It's only the converter that can translate the input CSS into something supported by MOBI, but sometimes it doesn't perform the conversion correctly, or there is simply no equivalent feature in MOBI. Maybe that's what you are encountering.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
Russellsstudent
Russellsstudent began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the help. I went back and looked at the html code and the problem was actually with the lines of code for the spaces before and after the line of text! I corrected these lines of code and the problem with the missing caps was resolved.
Russellsstudent is offline   Reply With Quote