Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
PRS 350/650 Tips and Tricks

Here's trick I found that I don't remember reading in the manual. When you're using the keyboard to enter a word in the Dictionary, if you want to delete what you've typed just tap on one end of the entry field and slide to the other end. That will highlight everything in the field so when you type a new letter, or press the back arrow key, everything will be deleted.

What's nice about this is that it is very intuitive. I just tried it and it worked as I expected.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
enooch
Enooch Root
enooch began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505,prs-600
I check my prs-600, works on it. Tnx.
enooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
Here's trick I found that I don't remember reading in the manual. When you're using the keyboard to enter a word in the Dictionary, if you want to delete what you've typed just tap on one end of the entry field and slide to the other end. That will highlight everything in the field so when you type a new letter, or press the back arrow key, everything will be deleted.

What's nice about this is that it is very intuitive. I just tried it and it worked as I expected.
Thanks. I think it would be nice to have a new 'Tips and Tricks for 350/650 readers' sticky - I've just had a quick look at the Tips and Tricks sticky, and it goes back to 2007.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote