Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Have switched from RTF/Word to BookDesigner/Sony Reader

I love this program, even with some limitations that I haven't figured out yet, or ones that are not yet implemented.

The program is extremely powerful and versatile, and can do tons of things to good advantage.

A couple of questions, however:

(1) How do I change to smart quotes? Can someone walk me through that?

(2) How do - or CAN I - change the way author's names are displayed once a file is inside the Reader. I want them to read like this: Last Name, then First Name. But I want to do this NOT inside the file that lists author and title. (I'm talking about the Excel-like file structure when one loads Connect.)

(3) I like to use the word "by" in designating an author. I want the "by" on a different line than the author's name. This is inside the file, when viewing this info on the Reader.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-20-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:38 AM   #2
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
In regards to #2, you can use an LRF meta-tag editor once the book is finished. I use EditLrfMetaGUI to do this, no need to install it; just extract and run.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I downloaded it, but can't seem to get it to work

Can you walk me throug the process on this program?

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Sorry Don. Basically once you've downloaded the program from here (Thanks to NatCh for guiding me originally!) and extract it, you'll need to go into the "Bin" directory - No need to compile it yourself. Run the program and open the file you want to edit the data in. You then just enter the title, author (last name, first in your case), generate a new ID, add a description, etc., and click "Save." That's about all there is to it. Of course you will do this after using whatever tool you used to create the LRF or BBeBook. It's all done on your PC, not the Reader, and I used it from within WinXP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
It's posted here in the Yahoo Librié group, but you have to join the group to get to it.

It's called "EditLrfMetaGUI" -- a Google search might turn up a posting someplace else....
Edit: After thinking for a minute, I decided to post what I found at the Librie group here. If this violates any conditions of use, etc., let me know and I'll remove it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EditLrfMetaGUI.zip (127.6 KB, 398 views)

Last edited by Azayzel; 02-21-2007 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Ahh, file small enough so posting it here
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote