Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #16
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
It looks like they are using the same 100 public domain books to include with the device! I'm surprised that they didn't anticipate repeat customers.

I may be wrong, but wasn't the coupon that revealed the existence of the Mini to us a couple of months ago for AAA batteries?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #17
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Correct you are Russell. A rather expensive Lithium type that was promoting a LOT of hours. If they've managed to lower the draw for longer battery life, might be worth a look.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #18
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I found jetbook mini PR on Russian website:
http://dkvartal.ru/news/95778644
Google translation from Russian to English

Interesting points:

overall dimensions of miniature 11.4sm x 12.5cm x 1cm and weight of 165 grams, the screen size remains the same - as much as 5 inches

jetBook Mini runs on ordinary AAA batteries, which are easy to replace if necessary, and the average time his work is 90 hours!

The inspiration for the development of the company behind the call of President Dmitry Medvedev (May 2010) to create a device for reading e-books worth $ 100 in order to ensure their schools and universities.

90 hours with AAA batteries sounds... unbelievable!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #19
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post

Interesting points:

overall dimensions of miniature 11.4sm x 12.5cm x 1cm and weight of 165 grams, the screen size remains the same - as much as 5 inches

jetBook Mini runs on ordinary AAA batteries, which are easy to replace if necessary, and the average time his work is 90 hours!

The inspiration for the development of the company behind the call of President Dmitry Medvedev (May 2010) to create a device for reading e-books worth $ 100 in order to ensure their schools and universities.

Maybe, if those "ordinary batteries" are "ordinary" lithiums.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #20
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
who knows, might be worth a try to check out lithiums but im sure regular batteries work probably around 50 hours then which which would be my annual trip to China there and back twice before the batteries would go out and double that if with lithiums
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #21
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:

Interesting points:

the colors look fantastic. im really excited to see it in real life.

btw, i just remembered reading an article that lithium batteries weigh significantly less than normal alkaline making the jetbook mini lighter if deciding to go with them
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #22
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
One of my previous devices (non-backlit LCD screen) ran on a couple of AA batteries and the beauty is, you can carry a few spares with you.
I had 6 pieces of 2400 mAh rechargeable batteries and I never ran out of power.
And if you get stranded somewhere, there is always somebody with a charger, or you can buy 4 pack at the newspaper stand.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #23
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
One of my previous devices (non-backlit LCD screen) ran on a couple of AA batteries and the beauty is, you can carry a few spares with you.
I had 6 pieces of 2400 mAh rechargeable batteries and I never ran out of power.
And if you get stranded somewhere, there is always somebody with a charger, or you can buy 4 pack at the newspaper stand.
I agree. I have Canon camera and I always have with me energizer portable charger and extra rechargeable batteries.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #24
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I agree. I have Canon camera and I always have with me energizer portable charger and extra rechargeable batteries.
I have two cameras. One is an old HP 735 Photosmart I keep in my purse because it uses AAs, has a built in lens cap, isn't too heavy or bulky, and can be picture ready in two seconds; it's handy for quickie snapshots and as a portable scanner. I just whip it out and go.

I also have a Canon SX10IS with a Canon Speedlite 430EX II external flash. Both use four AAs each. I keep 16 AA Eneloops (and 8 AAA Eneloops) in my purse to feed all my goodies. I have a La Crosse BC-900U smart charger and a BC-700U I keep in the pouch that came with the BC-900U along with 16 each of AAs and AAAs. All my batteries are in little Tenergy cases that hold 4 batteries each. The direction I put them in the case tells me if they are charged or discharged. When I travel, I just toss the battery charger case in my luggage. That way, it's easy to pack and unpack and I can keep my batteries up to snuff if I really get ambitious with the cameras. I finished putting the manuals for my Canon, flash and chargers on my JBL in the wee hours this morning. It's amazing how much room they eat up (especially since they are printed in multiple languages; I keep only the English portion).

If I don't feel like lugging my purse around when using the Canon, I can always toss two to four cases of AAs into my pockets. I always replace the batteries in the camera and flash after a day of use whether they need it or not so I will have a fresh batch in the morning and then just toss the used batteries on the chargers overnight. Unless I really went crazy with the pictures, it usually takes only a few hours to bring them back up to snuff. I just put a three outlet adapter into my luggage so I don't have to search for enough outlets to plug the chargers and my netbook in.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 AM   #25
Andrasz
Andrasz began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
I can, but only because I bought my Aluratek two weeks ago...

Just, please, please, please let there be a serif font!
I am lmost sure, it is.
Andrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #26
Andrasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
He said that it already is on USA market.
He says that the price will be 4990 Rubles (Russian money) which is, according to google 127Euro at the moment.

So I would guess that USA price will be somewhere around $125
It´s going to be USD 100
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #27
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrasz View Post
I am [a]lmost sure, it is.
How are you sure? One of the reasons I bought an Aluratek and not a Jetbook is because the Jetbook firmware only has two sans serif fonts.

If the new Mini is based on the Jetbook firmware (which seems reasonable) there would have to be some sort of recognition of that flaw. Do you have some information?

Thanks.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
Don Pedrro
Don Pedrro began at the beginning.

Device: JB
JB mini

Jetbook is Good!
I like it)
Don Pedrro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #29
Andrasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
How are you sure? One of the reasons I bought an Aluratek and not a Jetbook is because the Jetbook firmware only has two sans serif fonts.

If the new Mini is based on the Jetbook firmware (which seems reasonable) there would have to be some sort of recognition of that flaw. Do you have some information?

Thanks.
Can't tell you for sure. That was a rummor I overheard from some of the insiders. Might be there, might be not.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #30
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

I'm wondering if the JetBook Mini is going to be a replacement for the JBL. Seems everyone is running their stocks down.

Tags
ectaco, jetbook, jetbook mini