Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
central11
central11 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question UPS problem

Dear friends, I ordered Amazon to send the UPS package to a friend's house in Quebec, Canada. They already tried two times to deliver it but did not succeed. They say they will attempt a third time. Do you know what will happen if my friend does not get it this last time? What do you recommend me to do?
central11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Usually, if they cannot deliver a given number of times, you need to collect it from their distribution centre, or pay for re-delivery.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
central11

Thank you!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Isn't there a number on the notice that you can call to have them leave a package if you prefer or schedule a pickup? At least that is how it works in the US.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:07 AM   #5
central11

The dumb delivery guy did not read the paper saying the intercom was broken. Now what should I do? I already complained to Amazon, but they did nothing apart from giving me a partial refund.
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #6
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Just to be correct, this is not a "UPS" problem. It is a "The addressee hasn't been home" problem. UPS is not in the business of driving to an address, knocking on a door, filling out a form and leaving it, and keeping packages on their vehicles. They are in the delivery biz.

You can try to have the shipment assigned to a different recipient. But in the future, consider finding a more reliable addressee.

Domestic Services within Canada
English Tel.: 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877)
French Tel.: 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877)
Mandarin and Cantonese Tel.: 1-800-233-8133
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #7
central11

My friend was at home. As I said before, the intercom was broken and the guy did not follow the procedure written near the buzz to reach my friend.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #8
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... As I said before, the intercom was broken and the guy did not follow the procedure written near the buzz to reach my friend ...

Man, UPS just cannot win. If the bang on the door and wake the infants up, they get yelled at. If they don't read some mysterious signage posted near a doorbell, they get yelled at ...

I have a better relationship with my carriers. If I am not going to be home, I will leave a note on the doorknob. It will be dated, have the tracking number on it, and a simple statement, "OK to leave package on the porch." And it is signed.

Depending upon the neighborhood, a common carrier driver may or may not respect that - I mean, if there's no way to "hide" from the street a "Signature Required" delivery, the common carrier might not leave it without actually making contact with a recipient.

Sorry you're having a problem. But I still see this NOT as a problem with UPS. Again, they'd MUCH rather get their packages into the hands of intended recipients than carry 'em back to the depot.

So, your recipient friend - He has had two notices placed on his door, with telephone numbers and instructions to follow. Although you may feel embarrassed that the package hasn't been delivered, it really is out of your hands, and the recipient has been told at least twice how to receive the package.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote