Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #31
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
well I still write with a fountain pen and I write a LOT!

true recent kindle story... I just got back from Mexico, business, not pleasure. FLYING across the border tends to add about a thousand bucks to the airfare, so when it IS business and not please and no one is paying you back, you tend to cut corners. I had made reservations on one of the rather nice bus lines to go down, it left at 1 in the morning. it seems that I had written down my confirmation number ONE number off!!! (who ya' gonna call at 1 a.m. to sort it out?)the station in town was in an area that didn't have a snow ball's chance in hell of having any wifi access and I don't have browsing on my phone. well I jumped on the trusty Kindle, went on line, pulled up my gmail, got my confirmation and wa-la!!!!

next part of the journey... I arrive where my MIL is supposed to pick me up (I come to find out over the next few days that "directionally challenged" is a MINOR description of this woman. she was in the right TOWN and that is about it. my cell phone had not decided that it was internationally roaming at this point yet, so once again, jump on the kindle, go to my email, email someone I KNOW would be online at the time, give them her phone number, and we start triangulating using "can you see the cathedral?" (my friend is calling her, and emailing me on my kindle). it took about 45 minutes, but we connected, I was picked up and on my merry way. try that on most of these other devices!

Last edited by kindlekitten; 09-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote