Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
John1997
Enthusiast
John1997 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
B&N epub DRM on Jetbook Lite 16b

I just upgraded my JBL to 16b, then registered with my Adobe Reader. That works great.

Then I tried to open a B&N epub. It asked for my name and unlock code, which I entered (several times). It puts up an hourglass for a few seconds and then says something like "File open failed." I've verified the name and unlock code on my other devices.

Any suggestions.

Someone in another thread said they had a similar problem, but there was no follow up, and in contrast several people have said they were able to open B&N DRM'ed books with no issues. Another thread says that ADE epub and B&N epub are incompatible, but it seems to me that if it asks for the credentials it should open (unless after it accepts the credentials it then calls an open book api that's been overwritten by ADE).

Help...
John1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I don't have any to test, but I remember a mention of spaces being a cause of an issue. Try the user name and/or password without spaces and see if it helps.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1997 View Post
Someone in another thread said they had a similar problem, but there was no follow up, and in contrast several people have said they were able to open B&N DRM'ed books with no issues. Another thread says that ADE epub and B&N epub are incompatible, but it seems to me that if it asks for the credentials it should open (unless after it accepts the credentials it then calls an open book api that's been overwritten by ADE).

Help...
Put your name in without spaces.

It worked for me.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505,JBL,Sony PRS350,Nook Color,Kindle 3
Hi

The unlock codes do you have to put the entire credit card number or just the last four digits? And I'm guessing no spaces if it it the entire number

Thank you

Gary
Blusaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:22 AM   #5
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusaber View Post
Hi

The unlock codes do you have to put the entire credit card number or just the last four digits? And I'm guessing no spaces if it it the entire number

Thank you

Gary
Entire CC and no spaces.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
John1997
Enthusiast
John1997 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
Yeah!! It works. To summarize what has worked for me under JBL 16b:

Barnes & Noble epubs:
Enter Name and entire credit card number with no spaces in name or CC number.

Ereader/Fictionwise pdbs:
Enter Name and entire credit card number, I'm pretty sure the name can have spaces.

Adobe epubs:
Connect the JBL to the computer with the ADE Reader
The first time it will ask to register the reader--do it.
Eventually the reader will show up in the left hand menu.
Click and drag the desired books onto the reader entry.
I haven't tried any other combinations and permutations. This process is slow because you're using a USB link. Some members have suggested that there are ways to copy directly onto the SD card but I haven't tried it yet.

There doesn't seem to be any conflict between BN epubs and Adobe epubs.

Hope this helps someone else.
John1997 is offline   Reply With Quote