Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #106
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Nice story Mogui, sounds like by the end of the day the Fry's sales people knew you by sight.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #107
slaveprobe
slaveprobe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Portable Reader
Finally I'VE GOT IT!!!

Just arrived and I'm the proud owner of a PRS500. Charged, upload a pair of books and now I'm realized.
My days at the bookshop are over, tons of paper finally in garage and I'm free.
I'm sure all of you can understand my feeling.
I'm a mac user and Biblioskop is very... very... very.
slaveprobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #108
jupaen
jupaen began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770
Congratulations!!!
jupaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #109
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaveprobe
Finally I'VE GOT IT!!!

Just arrived and I'm the proud owner of a PRS500.
Congrats
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #110
jhande
jhande began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Add another to the ranks

Courtesy of B&H Photo, I've taken delivery of two (my wife wanted one as well) Readers. Apart from the fear of sending an image of my CC, everything worked perfectly. Transit time from US go Denmark: Ordered on April 11, received on the 16th.

This is the first Eink device I've ever seen before, and I must admit I'm extremely impressed. I'm running the Connect Software on a MacBook with Parallels, and again Parallels comes through with flying colors.

Sadly I cannot say the same for Sony's software. What a piece of **** that is. How they ever managed to violate every single UI guideline in existence is beyond me.

Anyway, that's not going to be too much of a bother since I have no intention of using their store. I'm going to have enough to do converting my Palm library to lrf format (I *knew* there was a reason for keeping all those rtf and txt file around).

I've been lurking for quite a while, and have been impressed with the users here. Looking forward to being a long-term member of this crowd.

Ulf
jhande is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #111
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome into the light, jhande!

Glad you're happy with your new acquisitions.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #112
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Welcome to the "club", all of you new purchasers.

We have a "Book Uploads" forum section here, where you'll find a number of books uploaded for your reading pleasure by forum members, and an active "book creation" community. Please join in the fun if you're so inclined .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #113
tapf!
Enthusiast
tapf! began at the beginning.

Hello,

is there anyone in the USA who would do me this favor?

- I send him the money for the Reader, Shipping to him and to Germany by PayPal or CC.
- He buys an Sony Reader and lets it beeing shiped to him
- He sells the Sony Reader to me for an symbolic price of 10 US$ and sends it to Germany.
- The German customs will then only charge 2 US$ instead of 75 US$ to me.

In Germany customs are measured by the purchase price when selling from privte to private. And it's legal, I asked a Customs Officer. If the packet contains a copy of the sale contract, the value mentioned in the contract will be used.

If anyone would provide me this help, or has questions, please contact me via PM or Mail.

Best Regards

Fabian
tapf! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #114
tapf!
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupaen
(Sp: Que pena que no exista un foro de este tipo en nuestro idioma).
Como tienes razon. Pero tanpoco pude encontrar uno en aleman. Pues tendremos que segiur hablando Ingles.

Saludos

Fabian
Old 04-19-2007, 04:36 AM   #115
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapf!
Como tienes razon. Pero tanpoco pude encontrar uno en aleman. Pues tendremos que segiur hablando Ingles.

Saludos

Fabian
Me parece que si, por que no somos muchos en España!! (por ahora)

Saludos, desde Cádiz, AndiR
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #116
tapf!
Enthusiast

Sp: El problema es de conseguir el Reader afueras de los Estados Unidos. Hasta ahora solo unos pocos lo compran. Lo mismo como en Alemania y yo creo que en cada pais execpto de los EEUU.

If here nobody who would buy and send the reader for me in the US as mentioned above in post #113

Saludos / Best Regards

Fabian
Old 04-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #117
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
hi guys,

I oreder my reader from bhphotovideo.com First time I've used them, but I used paypal. They state on their website that if you're a first time mail order or first time you used a credit card with them to upload or fax your credit card image to them. I shouldn't need to do this with paypal though, right? Address is verified through paypal already and paypal hadnle transferring the money over.

Anyone know what's what? - tricky for me to ring them from the UK as I need my beauty sleep
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:37 AM   #118
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not tricky at all - They're in New York, so it's only a 5h time difference. Phone them at, say, 6pm and it's 1pm for them, plus you get cheap rate calls after 6 .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:55 AM   #119
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
time differences have always been a weakness of mine If I was a superhero, my arch nemisis would have time-difference powers (whatever they might be ) or something

Anyway, I've emailed them, if I don't hear back by the time I get home I'll have to don my cape of time-difference shielding and give them a ring.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #120
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

If you paid with paypal I would think you are covered. Doesn't hurt to be sure though.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote