Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Dutch Reader
Dutch Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Question Q's concerning PB 302 and Calibre

Recentl I bought a PB 302 that I've had to sent because it wasn't functioning as it should. While waiting or its return, I'm acquanting myself (or trying to) with Calibre.

I already have some e-books I want to catalogue but I have some questions. Hopefully you can help me out.

1. A lot of the titles in my collections are ePub as well as Mobi. Which ones should I use to add to Calibre?

2. What output format is best to use for the PB 302?
Dutch Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
1. Calibre accepts both ePub (provided it's DRM free) and Mobi. You can add them as they are, you have no need to reformat.

2. Except for PDF and DRM'd books, you're probably going to use FBReader. FB2 has an advantage as it's the native format for the software, but one can read ePub, Mobis, Docs and the like and there are no issues to come. Beware of converting PDF's to other formats with Calibre though, as the output tends to be harsh on the eyes.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Dutch Reader
Dutch Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Thank you!
Dutch Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Beware of converting PDF's to other formats with Calibre though, as the output tends to be harsh on the eyes.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, pocketbook 302