Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-09-2010, 06:39 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrraow View Post
My thanks for the suggestions also... I'm now down to $1.21 from $258!
It would be interesting to see what you bought...
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #17
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And whether, after reading our recommendations, you think some of us are totally nuts.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #18
Mrraow
Bookworm
Mrraow doesn't litterMrraow doesn't litter

Device: Opus
Quote:
New to me:
Empire's End by Allan Cole & Chris Bunch
Northwest Passages by Barbara Roden
Beyond the Colors of Darkness and Other Exotica by Brian Stableford
The Turing Test by Chris Beckett
Think Like a Dinosaur by James Patrick Kelly
Ninety Percent of Everything by James Patrick Kelly & John Kessel & Jonathan Lethem
The Key by Pauline Baird Jones
Girl Gone Nova by Pauline Baird Jones
9 x Richard S. Tuttle (Forgotten Legacy series, and first of Knights of Alcea)

Old stuff:
4 x Fritz Leiber
2 x Harry Harrison
23 x Mike Resnik
1 x Poul Anderson
2 x Robert Sheckley

... as to whether I think you're all mad? Undoubtedly. The question is, are our psychoses compatible

I've read Northwest Passages so far, and... it was OK, but didn't leave me gagging for more. (Horror isn't my favourite genre, and short stories aren't my favourite form of prose; your mileage may vary.)

I'm in the middle of a book from another thread at the moment; No Good Deed by Mary McDonald. Not my usual sort of stuff, but draws you in, and keeps you turning the pages.
Mrraow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrraow View Post
Think Like a Dinosaur by James Patrick Kelly
This is an absolutely splendid short story. I hacked a cover from the cover for the collection by Kelly of the same name. (Which, sadly, isn't available as an ebook.)

I shall have to take a look at your other selections.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Think Like a Dinosaur.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	55447  
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #20
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
This is an absolutely splendid short story. I hacked a cover from the cover for the collection by Kelly of the same name. (Which, sadly, isn't available as an ebook.)

I shall have to take a look at your other selections.
Side note on Jim Kelly -- he has many of his stories available for free podcast download from his website. (http://jimkelly.net/) He's a very good reader, and it's a good introduction to his work.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert