Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #31
godelsproof
godelsproof began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2 sonyerricson X10(android1.6)
Hello Everyone!
Very Thankyou for new Hack!!
I installed jailbreak,screensaverhack(Worked!!),usbnetwork(tes ting) on k2i.
But now I'm 2.5.2 "sync&check for items" give me no new item,,
So I could keep install screensaverhack or uninstall them until 2.5.3 update arrive??
I read usbnetwork could keep with update ,But font substitute is NOT!
I'm not sure about screensaver hack.
Please let me know,

Thankyou again for everyone here!!
godelsproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #32
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
I found a Screensaver hack for 2.5 is here. Is this what you used, godelsproof?

http://www.charles-reace.com/Kindle_Hacks/

Last edited by test011; 06-17-2010 at 09:03 AM.
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #33
godelsproof
godelsproof began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2 sonyerricson X10(android1.6)
Thankyou test011
I corrupt, sorry

I used this Jailbreak and hack.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...04&postcount=2

But I afraid because I didn't have anti-brick hack for 2.5,is there?
So when automatic 2.5.3 update coming.
How I can do automatic update to be disable ,or already disabled by screensaverhack?

Thanks for your advance!!
godelsproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #34
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

You can turn off wireless for sure.

In my opinion, I don't think you will have any problem with auto-update 2.5.3, because it would not install. I don't think a stock firmware can be installed when you have a hack.
You may receive it though.

In any case - and as far as I understand - jailbreak hack won't allow any stock firmware to be installed, as long as you don't uninstall it.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #35
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I believe the SS hack changes some files, thereby disabling the autoupdate (or, rather, making it unsuccessful).
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #36
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
overwriting with stock firmware - released on Az's
Amazon never released full firmware updates. For some crazy reason they always deliver only diff-patches (which may save a bit of bandwidth, but makes the install quite a lot more dangerous and cumbersome).

If one is stuck with unknown files preventing the Kindle from taking a FW update, the only way around it is to get the files from a working Kindle and manually overwrite them (or make a special overwrite update).
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #37
grucha44
grucha44 doesn't littergrucha44 doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
Here it is. A word of caution: I have not tested this package (at some point I installed it on 2.3 and then upgraded to 2.5, and it didn't stop working). I am 99% sure it works, but you cannot sue me for the loss of your Kindle if it doesn't.

The way you install it is like this:
1) jailbreak
2) install this package
3) uninstall jailbreak (optional)
Hello
I can confirm this
I am on kindle DX US without whispernet - i'm trying to register my kindle via usb network hack
I'm on firmware 2.5
Installed jailbreak - fail
then installed usbnetwork with success

Regards
grucha44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #38
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:

I just used the hack here to update my K2i's 2.5.3 Screensavers and it worked like a charm.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #39
Granvillen
Enthusiast
Granvillen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2i., K3
I did not see an uninstall for Jailbreak in any package. Did I miss it?
Granvillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #40
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
iirc jailbreak only adds a certificate that allows the hacks to be installed, it does not require an uninstall to be able to do an update at this time.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #41
test011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by grucha44 View Post
Hello
I can confirm this
I am on kindle DX US without whispernet - i'm trying to register my kindle via usb network hack
I'm on firmware 2.5
Installed jailbreak - fail
then installed usbnetwork with success

Regards
I know there is a problem enabling Collection feature unless your kindle is registered. When you are abroad and have a US version, it is a concern.

Did you succeed? Collection feature enabled?
I have a k2i and am covered, but lots of people in my local forum with US version are asking about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am waiting for my 2.5.3 (for four days now) Come on 2.5.3!

Last edited by test011; 06-17-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #42
grucha44
grucha44 doesn't littergrucha44 doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
I know there is a problem enabling Collection feature unless your kindle is registered. When you are abroad and have a US version, it is a concern.

Did you succeed? Collection feature enabled?
I have a k2i and am covered, but lots of people in my local forum with US version are asking about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am waiting for my 2.5.3 (for four days now) Come on 2.5.3!
Yes, I've managed to "register" my kindle and now collections are enabled

Regards
grucha44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #43
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Excellent!!! Thanks a lot to porkupan and grucha44!!

Gonna try it out on my kDXu as soon as I've got the time.
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 AM   #44
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:

Just an FYI, while that link is still valid and will remain for some time, I've just started up a blog to try and better organize my various and sundry Kindle info/tips/garbage/etc. at charles-reace.com/kindleminds. The screen-saver hack info is in this article.
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:40 AM   #45
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Collections feature is finally here. Thanks again.
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote