Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #16
evdberg
Enthusiast
evdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS-500, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
That is the one! Good find!
evdberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
wow..... here we caught a scammer!!! GOOD JOBS guys.

I hate this kind of scammer as I've been a victim from a ebay purchase. It took ebay/paypal 3 years to clear my case and get my money back.

Can we do something about it?
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #18
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Nice work Solicitous . I think you've got them rumbled!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Perhaps the original poster would care to offer an explanation as to why he's taken somebody else's photograph and doctored it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #20
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
You guys are really good! Nice detective work!

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #21
evdberg
Enthusiast
evdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five wordsevdberg can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS-500, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps the original poster would care to offer an explanation as to why he's taken somebody else's photograph and doctored it?
You forget to mention the photo with the serial number ...no 2 units have the same serial.
evdberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #22
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamh View Post
Can we do something about it?
Well, we already did ;-)
Solicitous found the smoking gun.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
The OP has been banned...

the Flea Market is for personal sales, no scammers allowed.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
rmm200
Groupie
rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmm200 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
It is great that he has been banned, but I would guess with no posting history or reputation to protect, he just turns around and opens a new ID? Is there any way to record a CPU ID as part of the registration, so there is some way you could ban something real - like the miscreant's computer? Personally I would like to see him turned over to his local police department for attempted fraud - but that is harder...

Robert
rmm200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #25
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
His IP address is recorded.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #26
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
HAHA I can see the response now.

"I work in hospitality, my boss gave them to me. I took those pics, I don't know why ebay would photoshop my pictures. Price is now $200 delivered".
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:06 AM   #27
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
GREAT work, guys...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #28
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
the Flea Market is for personal sales, no scammers allowed.
Well, could we maybe open a forum just for scammers? I have some magic beans, and need of a cow.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #29
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
yup, turning them over to local police would be the best way, but I assume it'll be difficult.

And if they are using DSL with dynamic IP, they might get a different IP address once their session ends.
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #30
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'm very pleased to see this. I find this a victory of free markets and cooperative work against a crook!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote