Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
sarahw2275
Connoisseur
sarahw2275 began at the beginning.

Gift Certificate

I have just used up my $50 voucher. As I live in the UK I can't add a credit card to my account so I'm wondering whether anyone is willing to purchase a gift certificate for me and I will pay you via paypal. I obtained my reader in this manner through a forum member (geekraver) so I'm hoping this will be possible
sarahw2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
helgeh
helgeh began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Will buy giftcards....

I've also used my $50 signup bonus. As this portal will not be released in Norway the next 10 years, i would like to buy giftcards and pay with paypal from any helpful sonyreader enthusiast..

Send me a private message og e-mail.

Thanks,
helgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hi sarah, I replied to your message in the Flea Market a couple of days ago. Here is a quote:

Quote:
Hey guys, I'd be willing to do this, I can take paypal no problem. I think the extra $5 should cover the fees. I'll give it a try with one person first and see what happens and if everything goes ok, I'll be a go between no big deal. Let me know who wants to be the guinea pig!

BTW, in case you're afraid of paypaling me money, I have trading feedback on other sites. You can check my profile on Heatware (older), Beerology and eBay (member glyph99 - 90 positives).
Since I haven't seen conclusive evidence that giftcards can be used by non-US people, I would suggest it'd be tried first for a small amount, like $5.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
tallguy
tallguy began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-500
Just brought home my reader, and I was wondering how you got the $50 credit...I didn't have any kind of document or anything in my box, and when I signed up for connect, there was no indication that there was any kind of credit.

Thanks....
tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hey tallguy. I had that problem myself. It's kind of confusing, even after you register the software on your computer, you still have to register the reader. Plug it in and authorize it and the $50 credit will show up in your account.
Advert
Old 10-18-2006, 09:58 PM   #6
tallguy
tallguy began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-500
Thanks, the documentation was really confusing...I'm still waiting for the device to charge up, so I haven't registered it yet ;-)
tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #7
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist

Charge up? It should have been charged out of the box.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
How do I redeem my $50 launch promotion?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:13 PM   #9
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
You have to register and authorize your reader. The credit should appear in your cart.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I think igorsk's post is a link to the Sony FAQ on the topic, Jane.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:23 AM   #11
rcs1000
Gadget freak
rcs1000 began at the beginning.

Hi all,

da_jane kindly took a PayPal payment from me, and then sent me a - working - giftcard.

cheers, Robert
rcs1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #12
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist

I also confirmed with a paypal exchange with Laurens that the giftcards work. If anyone else needs one, just pm me!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #13
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I thought it was necessary to sign up as a business owner in order to accept credit card payments through PayPal. If not, then I totally missed something.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #14
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist

Someone else can fund their own paypal account with their credit card Michele. You do have to sign up as a premier account to accept payments funded this way though, but I did that years ago.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #15
zaneK
zaneK began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500
i just got a friend of mine to purchase me a gift certificate from the US, he sent it but its been about 4 hrs and neither of us have recieved an email with the code in it.

We tried sending $5 to another email address but still nothing.

COuld you tell me if you guys received the gift certs immediatley? or did you have this same delay?
zaneK is offline   Reply With Quote