Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Jinke posts new firmware build 3-24-2010

Jinke has just posted their new firmware build for the V5 (Astak Pocket Pro) on their website at:
http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E.../update_v5.asp

They say it:
Quote:
1.Support XPDF read and ADOBE PDF read.
2.Support 9 X zoom in PDF and EPUB files.
3.Support mp3 sound adjust while playing background through the thumblewheel.
4.Support Swedish and Thai in lanugage settings.
The ZIP file is different size (SLIGHTLY larger) than the earlier March Astak release, and the date of the build is about 3 weeks later than the withdrawn Astak build. I'm not recommending it (haven't even tried it myself yet), just letting you know it's "out there."
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Im downloading it right now and im gona test it after that, if i have time ill post about it.

EDIT: Here is the info

Ok, first i noticed in settings you can now select how you want to put date, either option:

1.- DD/MM/YYYY
2.- MM/DD/YYYY
3.- YYYY/MM/DD

We still dont have Text to Speech, same zoom levels as the last March release from Astak (and same Coolreader3 for FB2 ) and both read by ADE or XPDF when reading pdf files.

We have the next updates when you select the option "About":

*Linux kernel version: 2.6.21.7
*Firmware version: V2.02EN.100324
*PDF parser version: V9.00.100324
*DOC parser version: V2.00.080624
*HTML parser version: V2.00.080531
*WOL parser version: V2.00.080531
*Image parser version: V2.00.090720
*TXT parser version: V2.00.080624
*FB2 parser version: V2.00100324
*Viewer version: V2.00.100324
*BookShelf version: V2.00.100324

So far this is what i have noticed that was added, i just got a little crash while trying to open a protected PDF file when using "Read with XPDF" option and reseted the PP with the button at the back. After that no problems (and for the info protected files dont open, just return to the bookshelf if trying with XPDF visor)

Last edited by Chiron; 04-01-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Add info
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Anyone besides me test the Jinke FW releases or im the only "brave" who does?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Anyone besides me test the Jinke FW releases or im the only "brave" who does?
Did they get the LIT working, I wonder?
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Dumb question. Does it matter if we get the update via Jinke or Via the eZREADER WEBSITE? as far as I know it does not... but just wondering.....

So does that mean we can download from the Bebook website as well?
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Dumb question. Does it matter if we get the update via Jinke or Via the eZREADER WEBSITE? as far as I know it does not... but just wondering.....

So does that mean we can download from the Bebook website as well?
Yes. And lbook as well, as long as yew get the firmware for the 5 inch versions.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ta for the tip Thomas. tried to get the jinke sight...but seems stuck in load mode....
Old 04-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Ta for the tip Thomas. tried to get the jinke sight...but seems stuck in load mode....

Finally got to the download page. However, The Jinke site is REALLY slow today... must have not had it's cup of coffee yet this morning. Trying to get the download started...but no luck so far...
Old 04-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The site is always very slow but patience will get the file eventually. This is created a couple of days after the Astak one that is being tested now and is basically the same. It compares to the early March Astak release with the inclusion of specific fixes requested by Astak. Of course, for everyone else, there are several changes since the December release that we have already seen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Finally got to the download page. However, The Jinke site is REALLY slow today... must have not had it's cup of coffee yet this morning. Trying to get the download started...but no luck so far...
As Dale said, their site is always slow. I use a download manager (Download Express, which is free), which opens multiple downloads at the same time, so it actually comes down much faster. But I've also put it on my ebooks page at:
http://www.kaser.com/ebooks.html
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
I dont have any LIT files, maybe tomorrow i can download one (public domain of course )
Old 04-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I've tried plenty of firmwares. The device is designed pretty well in that one would have to work hard at it in order to make it possible to brick it, it's quite safe. The only difference between all the firmwares for the most part is simply a logo change other than different build dates. Heck, Jinke's website even has a logomaker utility. You could have your reader display a picture of Obama on bootup if you wanted; which can be a fun thing to do, because a long time ago I used to edit the Energy Star logo on my PC to show a cool picture of something like a green lizard. The Lbook firmware is slightly more customized but it's been some time since any updates from them--I have no idea why. Go ahead and play, I'll be flashing this tonight.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #13
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
As Dale said, their site is always slow. I use a download manager (Download Express, which is free), which opens multiple downloads at the same time, so it actually comes down much faster. But I've also put it on my ebooks page at:
http://www.kaser.com/ebooks.html
Ta ekaser.... forgot about your site. I downloaded once from there. I have it downloading now.... have the March 3rd...ware... so the new improvements in bugs shall be nice.

Thanx again.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #14
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
so the new improvements in bugs shall be nice.

We do NOT want improved bugs !! The old ones were bad enough !!

Seriously though, I wonder if it still flattens batteries ?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #15
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
I dont have any LIT files, maybe tomorrow i can download one (public domain of course )
Of course.