Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #181
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Nah, that would qualify as ignorant, not stupid: ignorant can be treated with knowledge, but stupid is terminal.
I don't think stupid is terminal. It is certainly chronic. But, if stupid does kill you then you might qualify for a Darwin Award.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #182
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't think stupid is terminal. It is certainly chronic. But, if stupid does kill you then you might qualify for a Darwin Award.

BOb
Well, thanks PB. I thought I was about to die there for a while.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #183
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Well, thanks PB. I thought I was about to die there for a while.
I does what I cans to helps.

BOb
Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #184
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't think stupid is terminal. It is certainly chronic.
Heh, I meant terminal in the sense of you die with it, so chronic is probably the better term, it just lacks the dramatic impact.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #185
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Heh, I meant terminal in the sense of you die with it, so chronic is probably the better term, it just lacks the dramatic impact.
Apologies to your poetic license.

BOb
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #186
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Yeah - life is terminal!

Without it you don't ever die!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #187
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Journal conversion/reading

Here's a tip that may or may not be well known. I subscribe to a few online Medical Journals. Most articles have an option to "print this article". There are several free .pdf converters, used as a "printer" available on the net. The one I have is called "Cute pdf". I select the print option for the article, then choose Cute pdf as the printer. This saves the article as a pdf file on my computer which I then transfer to my reader. I organize them in a folder/collection called Medicine. That way, I can catch up on my journal reading when I get tired of my current trashy novel! Merry
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #188
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbfoot View Post
Here's a tip that may or may not be well known. I subscribe to a few online Medical Journals. Most articles have an option to "print this article". There are several free .pdf converters, used as a "printer" available on the net. The one I have is called "Cute pdf". I select the print option for the article, then choose Cute pdf as the printer. This saves the article as a pdf file on my computer which I then transfer to my reader. I organize them in a folder/collection called Medicine. That way, I can catch up on my journal reading when I get tired of my current trashy novel! Merry
If you're looking to get them onto your Reader, the best option for doing that from a Web browser is the excellent BookIt plugin that's available for Firefox. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24403

It's excellent and it formats the documents for the Reader. Much better than PDF.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #189
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
If you're looking to get them onto your Reader, the best option for doing that from a Web browser is the excellent BookIt plugin that's available for Firefox. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24403
OK...Awsome! I use Firefox already and have seen that add-on. I thought I would have to add the whole web page, with the fluff that I don't want (ad's, etc). That is not the case. If you select the text that you want to read, right click it, then there is an option to book-it for selected text. Very nice. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #190
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by acquivadeenna View Post
Is there a way for me to jump to the last page of a thread? I pretty much browse the Glock Talk most recent post page, and I have to click on the thread and then click to the last page. Does my question even make sense?

If you look at the thread title on one of the forum pages (or the "today's posts" option under Quick Links) then click on the little square with a downward-pointing triangle it will take you to the first new post that you have not yet read.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #191
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Also, under the "Last Post" column, there's a right-facing triangle next to the last poster's name. Clicking that will take you to the last post, which is, of course, on the last page.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #192
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
I'm not sure if it's common knowledge or not, but these are my tricks:

1. Holding the menu button for two seconds will take you back to the root menu (as opposed to one level back if you just click it).

2. If you accidentally pressed number buttons while reading you can cancel the entry by pressing the menu button.

3. When entering a page number, you can delete the last number entered by pressing left on they d-pad.

Last edited by Shiren; 08-17-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:00 AM   #193
frger
frger began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Here's a collection of tutorials on how to do some basic stuff from Sony.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod....pl?mdl=PRS500
Thanks for links!
frger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #194
E92er
E92er began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Awesome thread!!
E92er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #195
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
I believe this is quite cool stuff (Browse Folders, games, key bindings, etc):
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/

Customized epub styles:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66102
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote